For our office in Kampala, Uganda the Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. International Assistance, we are looking for a
Global Logistics Manager GSU
1 Year Contract (with possible extension)
In this exiting newly established position of the Global Support Unit you will be responsible to lead and control strategic and operational logistics topics across all Johanniter Project Countries.
You will be reporting to Head of Global Support Unit (First level disciplinary supervisor) and Head of Logistics and Disaster Response – HQ Berlin (First level technical supervisor). You will be supervising team of national logistics staff working in the Global Support Unit and give technical advice to Head of Missions and international/national Logistics Staff in Country Offices
What you will do:
- You will implement new Global Logistics Management and reporting structures, with full involvement of all key stakeholders.
- You will lead, develop and supervise a fit for purpose logistics team in the Global Support Unit.
- You will train the country offices’ logistics teams and
- Johanniter partner organisations to comply and be more accountable to beneficiaries and donors.
- You will review procurement documentation, inventory, insurance and asset management of goods and services
- You will ensure procurement reviews and develop standards for country and donor audits.
- The initial implementation phase will require you to be operational involved while performing a highly visible senior role during the change process.
What you bring:
- Relevant BA degree from a recognised university (preferably in Logistics/Procurement) or
- 3-5 years logistical/ procurement experience, with at least one year in a managerial position at a NGO
- Knowledge and experience of conforming with NGO donors and procurement requirements (AA, BMZ)
- Experience of conforming with external donor and statutory compliance requirements
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing
- Knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset
- Proven experience in training and capacity building of partner organisations
- Ability to lead, manage and supervise multi-cultural staff in multiple and remote locations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present logistical matters to all stakeholders
- High degree of computer literacy
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
- Fixed term contract for 1 year (possible extension)
- Remuneration: between 48,332€ - 50,876 € annual gross (internal tariff and relevant previous experience).
- Benefits: Annual special payment; Social security provisions (lump sum 375€/month for expats not falling under German social security); rental contribution of 300 €/month;
- international insurance package; 29 days annual paid leave; yearly home flight (for contracts > 1 year); Cost of Living Allowance (currently 1020€/ month.
You will find more details about the position here
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Interested? Please apply to: email@example.com (cover letter, CV, reference contacts of 3 former supervisors, job certificates if available), stating your earliest start date. Only complete applications are considered. Please indicate “Global Logistics Manager GSU” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Johanniter requires background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks)
Deadline for applications: 09 June 2020.
Interviews planned for: 18 to 25 June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
We may start shortlisting before the closing date.