Public finance Management Consultant (m/f/d) in our PFM Department
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working within the framework of international development cooperation. We strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical departments.
In the Public Finance Management Department (PFM Department) we focus on consultancy services and project implementation in the field of Public finance policy & systems reform, related to revenue and tax policy and administration, expenditure management and budget reforms, domestic and internal accountability, auditing, public procurement and grant Management. Our services include technical and process advice on the improvement of the legal and institutional framework, sector studies, development of action plans, capacity building and training for PFM in national and local public entities across the world.
Join our team in the PFM Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of public financial management
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of public financial management
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in economics, public finance, public policy and administration, international relations, development studies, political science, sociology or related fields.
- At least 3 years, preferably 5 years, of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably in French and /or Spanish speaking countries
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Understanding of normative and political-economy aspects guiding PFM reforms as well as technical aspects in assessing PFM systems and related reform projects
- Understanding of applied procedures and tools in the area of PFM and capacity building
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries. Experience in Subsaharan Africa, Middle East/North Africa, Asia and/or Latin America is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German is a prerequisite; at least intermediate level in French (B2+) and/or Spanish (B1+) is considered a strong asset
- Willingness to travel frequently to a variety of countries
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We provide a future-oriented workplace in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values.
We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates, salary expectation) by email to:
Ms Andrea Leber
GFA Consulting Group GmbH