Caritas Switzerland is a leading aid organization in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Our ultimate aim is poverty alleviation. Our International Cooperation programmes focus on income generation, global warming and migration. We are active in some 20 countries. Over the coming years, Caritas Switzerland wants to expand its commitment to disadvantaged people. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Country Director Kosovo 100 %
In Kosovo, Caritas Switzerland implements projects in two thematic fields: Income & Migration. The Country Organization currently employs 10 local staff.
The Country Director is responsible for the operational management of the country organisation and for the implementation of the Head Office approved country programme in the country of operation, in compliance with the guidelines and standards of Caritas Switzerland
- Lead and management of the Country Organization and the Country Programme of Caritas Switzerland in Kosovo in close collaboration with the desk in Lucerne
- Supervision and coordination of national Programme Manager, Project Managers, Support Staff and Expert Consultants of the local office in Pristina as well as human resource managementPlanning, management and monitoring of projects in collaboration with staff and partner organizations in the thematic fields of Income and Migration
- Proposal writing, programme administration and reporting
- Representation of Caritas Switzerland towards and networking with governmental, nongovernmental and international organizations in Kosovo and stimulating exchange and creating synergies
- Liasing and dialogue with current and potential future local donors and partners and acquisition of new project funding and mandates
- Steering of and participation in advocacy efforts and policy dialogue in fields of activities of the Country Programme
- Organization and implementation of project visits in Kosovo for representatives of Caritas Switzerland, donors and media representatives
- Organization and realization of internal assessments and external project evaluations
- Organization of and participation in knowledge management and visibility processes
- Staff development and partner capacity building
- Ensuring working principles of Caritas Switzerland, such as rights-based approach, gender equality, conflict sensitivity, climate change & disaster risk sensitivity as well as compliance with the guidelines and standards of Caritas Switzerland
- University degree or professional studies in relevant fields; post graduate in development studies is an advantage
- 5 years of work experience with project acquisition, project and programme management and organizational development (in international cooperation, including two years abroad and if possible in at least one field of activity)
- Excellent social, analytical, communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Profound knowledge of administration, financial management, fund-raising, monitoring and reporting
- Holistic and conceptual thinking and result-orientation
- Ability to cope with stress and difficult situations and to constructively address conflicts
- Very good spoken and written English language skills; good knowledge of German as well as knowledge of French, Albanian or one of the Southern Slavic languages is an advantage
- Experience with the Western Balkans region and context is an advantage
Your place of work will be Pristina, Kosovo
Starting date: 01.09.2020 or as agreed upon.
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Mrs Sandra Ege, Programme Director Kosovo, Phone +41 41 419 22 13.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 04.06.2020 latest through our web portal.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne