Position: International short-term expert
Project Status: Prequalification
Project Title: Impact Evaluation for the project “Strengthening capacities to resolve conflict between farmers and herders in Nigeria’s Middle Belt (COREFHE)”
Project Period: 10/2020-06/2023
Duration of Assignment: max. 120 working days in Nigeria + 40 working days in home country
The overall objective of this project is to offer an informed basis for local decision-makers and development cooperation projects and to enable the context-sensitive planning and implementation of activities in a complex and fragile context. Therefore, this project aims to prepare and conduct an impact evaluation (IE) for the GIZ program “Strengthening capacities to resolve conflict between farmers and herders in Nigeria’s Middle Belt”, including a context analysis, baseline, midline and continuous impact monitoring. A Randomized control trial (RCT), quasi-experimental methods and the Do No Harm approach will be applied.
The proposed International short-term expert will plan, implement and evaluate the IE, including baseline, midline and end-line surveys. He/she will be responsible for the development of the methodology for the IE (experimental methods) and the randomized controlled trial design. He/she will implement the baseline, midline and end-line surveys with support of local experts, which he/she will manage. He/she will be responsible for the development of tools, quality controls and data cleaning, as well as for the data analysis and the final IE report (writing, scientific preparation of collected data).
- At least a University Degree in Politics and/or African studies and/or Peace and Conflict Studies, and/or (applied) Statistics
- At least 8 to 10 years of professional experience in the international development sector/projects
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of rural development in conflict / fragile settings in Africa
- Proven experience with incorporation of Do No Harm aspects
- At least 2 consultancy mission and / or research related to the farmer-herder conflict in Nigeria
- At least 3 years of professional experience in implementing academic research in a fragile context
- Previous experience (2 years) in working as project team leader of a multinational research team
- At least 3 years of work experience in a fragile context of an African country
- At least 3 years proven experience of experience and research background in econometric IE methodology and applied IE projects; with designing, planning and implementing large scale longitudinal surveys; with designing, planning and implementing large-scale RCTs
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good teamwork skills and interdisciplinary thinking
- Business language skills in English
Application by: as of now
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Susanne Christ Christ@gfa-group.de