Position: International Team Leader
Project Status: Prequalification
Project Title: Impact Evaluation for the project “Strengthening capacities to resolve conflict between farmers and herders in Nigeria’s Middle Belt (COREFHE)”
Project Period: 10/2020-06/2023
Duration of Assignment: 120 working days in Nigeria + 40 working days in home country
The aim of this project is to conduct an impact evaluation (IE), including a context analysis and continuous impact monitoring for the following GIZ project: Strengthening capacities to resolve conflict between farmers and herders in Nigeria’s Middle Belt. Randomized control trials (RCT), quasi-experimental methods and the Do No Harm approach will be applied. This shall offer an informed basis for local decision-makers and development cooperation projects and to enable the context-sensitive planning and implementation of activities in a complex and fragile context.
The proposed international short-term team leader will have the overall responsibility and will facilitate a smooth and timely implementation of the program including the mobilization and management of personnel during the IE activities. He/she will be responsible for monitoring the results as well as for the reporting to the program management bodies. He/she will be also responsible for the capacity development measures for local partners (Capacity Works), will ensure the quality of the data collection and will enhance the consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality).
- At least a University Degree in Politics and/or African studies and/or Peace and Conflict Studies, and/or (applied) Statistics
- At least 15 years of professional experience in the international development sector/projects
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of rural development in conflict settings in Africa
- Proven experience with incorporation of Do No Harm aspects
- At least 1 consultancy mission and / or research related to conflicts and the political context in Nigeria’s Middle Belt
- Previous experience (6 years) working as a Team Leader of a multinational research team
- At least 5 years of work experience in development projects in Africa and 2 years in a project in Nigeria
- Between 5 to 10 years proven experience in implementing surveys in conflict-settings on topics of resilience/ fragility/ livelihoods and rural development in conflict settings; scientific experience in IE and the related statistical methods; experience and research background in econometric IE methodology and applied IE projects; experience in designing, planning and implementing large scale longitudinal IE surveys and large-scale RCT
- 3 publications focusing on applied IE/ development contexts in Africa/ conflict settings in peer-reviewed scientific journal in the field of statistics and economics
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good leadership and team spirit;
- Business language skills in English
Application by: as of now
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Susanne Christ Christ@gfa-group.de