Specialist (m/f/d) for the Analysis Unit of the Risk Management Office Afghanistan
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The security risk management system of German governmental development organizations in Afghanistan aims to reduce the security risks to the implementation of the projects and their employees. Peace and conflict-, access- and security risk management advisory services are designed to ensure the safety and security of staff and support them in safely carrying out their tasks in a conflict-prone environment. One important element of the Risk Management Office (RMO) is its Analysis Unit consisting of Afghan and international analysts. The Analysis Unit supports strategic, programmatic and operational decision-making. Therefore, the Analysis Unit is mandated to analyze the political and security situation as it relates to German Cooperation. By collecting and analyzing quantitative conflict data and qualitative information, the Analysis Unit provides an in-depth understanding of the security situation.Your tasks
- Data collection and analysis via RMO resources, open-source channels and relevant other partners
- Provide advice to the RMO team leader on security developments
- Contribution to the preparation of comprehensible reports for a specific region and to further products and services for partners, clients and colleagues
- Contribution to the agenda-setting for the Analysis Unit, especially regarding reports, themes and briefings
- Representation of the unit to external GIZ bodies, colleagues, clients and partners
- Liaison with external partners for information exchange and consultation, as appropriate
- Permanent coordination with the RMO leadership on security-related developments as well as representing the RMO in multiple forums of the security community in Afghanistan
- University degree in political analysis, international relations, international security or comparable studies
- Several years of experience working in an analytical function on conflicts, security and/or political matters
- Understanding of development implementation in conflict affected areas
- Statistical or geographical information system skills
- Prior experience with Afghanistan or other fragile states
- Excellent oral and writing communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with the needs of decision-makers
- Fluency in English and a good command of German; Knowledge of Dari or Pashtu is a plus
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) are often identified with the Emirate of Dubai, which attracts worldwide attention with its spectacular giant buildings and events. But this is only partially correct, as the country consists of seven emirates that joined together to form the United Arab Emirates in 1971/72. The UAE is located in the east of the Arabian Peninsula. Its total area is about a quarter of that of Germany. As a state bordering the Arabian Gulf, they belong to the so-called Gulf States. Its western neighbour is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and in the east the Sultanate of Oman. With regard to all-round supply, there are no problems in the UAE. The leisure area is very versatile, also for families with children. The medical care in the UAE corresponds to (Western) European standards as far as possible. The UAE is one of the safest travel destinations worldwide.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The job description of activity relates to Afghanistan/Kabul. GIZ Afghanistan maintains a branch office in Dubai where employees* are stationed. However, occasional to frequent business trips to Afghanistan/Kabul are required. Depending on the security situation and the requirements of GIZ, it is possible that the location will be relocated from Dubai back to Kabul.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=49660