Would you love to work with a motivated and dynamic team in an inspiring and international working environment?
NRC in Germany
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NRC Flüchtlingshilfe Deutschland was established in Berlin in 2017 to raise funds for NRC's overseas programmes, and providing humanitarian policy advice to German donors, parliamentary committees and peer non-governmental organisations.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Senior Grants Officer position is to provide essential grant management support to the Institutional Partnership Advisor and to maintain a help desk on donor related issues.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consideration of NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role
- Develop and maintain overview of grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents, related to German institutional donors
- Development and revision of concept notes, funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports
- Ensure donor compliance and quality control at all stages of the project cycle, professional communication with donors
- Contribute to improving internal grant management systems and donor mappings, updating of donor factsheets
- Provide an internal helpdesk on grant related issues
- Contribute to the development and distribution of internal reports
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and delivery of activities in line with strategy and standards
- Ensure the update and support the development of training and capacity building materials
- Support the Institutional Partnership Advisor in the provision of training and facilitates trainings if needed
- Supervision of Interns if applicable
Specific donor responsibilities
- German FFO
- other German institutional donors and German foundations
- Between 3-4 years of experience in working with the German FFO and other German donors
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Native language level German and excellent written and oral communication skills in English, additional languages desirable
- Above average computer skills
- Right to live and work in Germany
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of above-mentioned donors including strategic priorities, organisational setup, and funding mechanisms, is a clear advantage.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: Dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
What we offer
- An opportunity to participate in the development of a growing office
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with the organisation
- Working in a centrally located office in Berlin
- BVG-Job ticket
- Flexible working hours
Contract Duration: 2 years initially, with the possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Location: Berlin - Mitte, Germany
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Application deadline: 15/06/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council Germany (NRC Flüchtlingshilfe Deutschland)
Title: Senior Grants Officer / Referent/in für institutionelle Partnerschaften und Programme
Employment type: Contract
To apply please go to Webcruiter