Advisor (m/f/d) Policy and Capacity Development for the Multi-Donor-Action Capacity for Nutrition
Bewerber mit Berufserfg. - BefristetTätigkeitsbereich
The Multi-Donor-Action ‘Capacity for Nutrition (C4N)’ is a component of the ‘Knowledge for Nutrition (K4N)’ programme. K4N aims to support the European Commission, its partners, and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany with competence and knowledge to inform nutrition-related programs and policies with evidence-based approaches and strategies. C4N aims to strengthen capacities to enhance the knowledge base of the European Commission, the EU, Delegations, EU Member States and partner countries to advance the fight against all forms of malnutrition. C4N is a key element of the European Commission’s ‘Nutrition for Development Program’, which underpins the implementation of the EU’s ‘Action Plan for Nutrition’. The overall aim of the position is to contribute to food and nutrition security, through the promotion of a multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder approach.Ihre Aufgaben
- Provide strategic advice on nutrition to the global and regional partners involved in C4N implementation, in line with the new European Consensus on Development, the European Consensus on Humanitarian Aid and the Agenda 2030
- Provide technical assistance and support the EU’s engagement with nutrition policy and governance efforts at European and international levels
- Coordinate and communicate with the sub-grantee organisations, to attain full coherence with the EU policy framework and Action Plan on Nutrition and to facilitate the institutional development of multi-stakeholder processes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of capacity development initiatives, in collaboration with relevant nutrition stakeholders
- Facilitate knowledge exchange on global and regional policy and governance issues
- Prepare technical input for communication products such as handouts, presentations, blog posts, tweets and publications for the visibility of the European Commission’s support to governance and policy initiatives at global and regional levels
- Provide technical backstopping to C4N consultants and assess the quality of services provided and reports submitted
- Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management system of K4N/C4N with special focus on global and regional policy and governance-related action
- University degree in relevant fields, e.g. nutrition, agriculture, public health, international relations, development studies, public administration
- Several years of experience working with a donor in global nutrition or related fields, including nutrition-sensitive programming and capacity development, nutrition policy and nutrition strategy development
- Several years of experience in developing countries and experience working in non-governmental organisations, international organisations or government bodies
- Excellent grasp of the linkages between all forms of malnutrition and food security in external assistance as well as in the international nutrition landscape
- Team orientation, flexibility within a rapidly-changing environment, high degree of intrinsic motivation and self-efficacy to achieve results, and the ability to deliver goal-oriented results on time
- Experience in establishing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at national and global levels
- Excellent communication skills, specifically excellent writing skills as well as proven experience in writing policy documents and briefings
- Mastery language skills in English; Effective operational proficiency language skills in French will be considered a strong asset; Good command of German will be considered an asset
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide.
- Health care: The Belgian healthcare system is one of the best in Europe.
- Climate: Brussels has a temperate climate with four seasons spanning the whole year. Temperatures are relatively mild during the whole year with the average low at 1°C in winter and 23°C in summer.
- School situation: Brussels has several international kindergarten/nurseries/preschools as well as international schools, including a German school.
- The location is suitable for families with children.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This position can be filled in full or up to 90% part-time. The willingness to international business travel is required. Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system.
Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=48926