Project Manager (male/female/diverse)
in Prishtina, Kosovo
We are looking for a Project Manager (male/female/diverse) for our country office in Kosovo starting from 1st of May 2020.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD - Forum Civil Peace Service) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumFD is seeking a full-time Project Manager for its country office in Kosovo also working in close cooperation with other forumZFD offices in the Western Balkans region. The main fields of activity of the programme in the Western Balkans and in Kosovo is dealing with the past (DwP) and peace education (PE).
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of journalism and/or public relations (preferentially using various forms of social media);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on topics in the area of Dealing with the Past;
- Further qualification in the civil peace service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management;
- Thorough knowledge of the political and social environment in Kosovo and the Western Balkans;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the management of projects, including planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Experience in third-party fundraising with partners is an asset;
- Distinct experience and ability to work effectively in teams, preferably including experience working in virtual team settings;
- High level of social competence, flexibility, and intercultural sensitivity;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English, good knowledge of one or more official languages spoken in Kosovo is desirable;
- Solid IT skills and experience in the use of social media in the context of peace work;
- Driving licence and driving experience;
- Citizenship of an EU-member country is required for this position.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Project Manager you will use your expertise in journalism and social media, as well as a keen knowledge of regional and national contexts in the Western Balkans, to encourage constructive public discourse on topics of the past within Kosovo and throughout the region.
One ongoing task of this position is the coordination and design of a regularly published magazine focused on Dealing with the Past (DwP) in the Western Balkans. A central task for this year will involve designing and implementing a creative shift to publishing the content of the magazine via new and diverse on-line formats.
As an active member of a Regional Project Team focusing on increasing the visibility of DwP topics in the region, you will also have the opportunity to further develop and implement related projects and activities with stakeholders and partners throughout the region. Based in Prishtina, the position entails frequent travel within Kosovo and the region.
Additional tasks of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- maintain contacts to relevant actors working on DwP (journalists, academic researchers, activists of other civil society organizations, etc.) and provide advice to these contacts on questions related to increasing the visibility of DwP topics in the broader public,
- collaborate with other colleagues within the Kosovo and other country offices to implement activities focused on DwP topics,
- manage activities and projects to meet financial requirements and fulfil internal standards and procedures for project planning, monitoring, and evaluation,
- participate in the further development of the regional programme in the area of DwP,
- support the further development of the public relations of forumZFD within the region, as well as in Germany.
- Report to the Kosovo Country Director
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
As a project manager working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and skills within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working around May 2020 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/jobs/ (letter of motivation and CV) latest 4th of April 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the selection process please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lara Lang at email@example.com.
Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
Our work in the Western Balkans is described in more detail at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/western-balkans
You will also find more information about our and our partners’ work in the area of Dealing with the Past in the Western Balkans at www.dwp-balkan.org
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!