Biovision, a Swiss non-profit foundation certified by ZEWO, has been supporting the adoption of science-based agroecological farming practices for a targeted fight against poverty and a sustainable improvement of living conditions in Africa. The policy and advocacy team is implementing activities with the purpose to enhance the legitimacy and acceptance of agroecology within the scientific, funding and policy-maker community. The focus lies on the promotion of systemic research, evidence-based policies and innovations fostering agroecology to support a strong basis for international, regional and national policy-making in agriculture and food systems in line with the 2030 Agenda.
The policy and advocacy team, is currently looking for a:
POLICY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST / PROJECT MANAGER (80%),
Temporary contract until end of 2021 (with possibility of permanent placement); immediately or upon agreement
In this context, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementation of effective advocacy activities to reach relevant decision makers from the policy and donor community with the goal to promote coherent policies based on agroecological principles
- Facilitate peer-to-peer exchanges among interested policy-makers to learn from each other about effective policies and programs based on agroecological principles
- Organize a series of face-to-face workshops back-to-back with existing events, as well as field visits that expose policy-makers to successful showcases in host countries
- Support interested governments in designing effective policies by providing policy planning tools and coordinating inputs of external experts and partners
- Facilitate an online community of practice (CoP) of policy-makers who are ready to share their experience with peers for mutual learning
- Networking & sensitization among public and private investors in the field of agricultural & food systems
- Fundraising and proposal development
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated team player with several years of experience in the field of policy and advocacy work. You should have a solid background in food systems or a related field of natural or social science (at least Master Degree) as well as working experiences in development cooperation. It is further important to be knowledgeable in international political work, including the Agenda 2030. We are looking for an engaging, adaptable, solution-oriented personality with high social and intercultural skills and strong persuasive power, used to tailoring interventions to different environments. You should be experienced in communicating with high level representatives of political, scientific or economic circles and in coordinating projects in complex political and diplomatic environments and with multiple partners. Readiness to travel frequently (mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa) as well as excellent command of English (oral and written) and preferably good German (B1) is required.
Workplace is preferably Zurich, Switzerland (other workplaces could be evaluated on a case-by-case basis).
We offer an important position in a dynamic team, commensurate wages and adequate social security.
Please send your entire electronic application documents until March 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Ms Charlotte Pavageau +41 22 510 15 73