MARGE is an employee-owned consulting and project management firm promoting sustainable development through sustainable energy access in developing countries. MARGE experts prepare, assess or manage cooperation projects on renewable energy, household energy, energy efficiency, forestry and natural resource management. Since its establishment in 1995, MARGE has been involved in 220 projects for more than 30 clients and 40 countries all over the world. More information on www.marge.eu
MARGE is looking to recruit a junior project manager to assist its experts in the execution of projects.
He or she will carry out the tasks as outlined below:
- Assisting with the acquisition of new projects, mainly by drafting project proposals and bids, including administrative documents, technical and financial offers and coordination with international partners;
- Project management support: time planning, budgeting, delegation of tasks, quality assurance;
- Data gathering, desk research and analysis in the field of renewable energy, energy access and energy efficiency e.g.:
- Background research and market analyses;
- Analysis of policy frameworks;
- Development of training material.
- Support to project developers in Sub-Saharan Africa: business plan development, demand projections, financial modelling, review and planning of regulatory requirements;
- Other activities based on the needs of MARGE.
The candidate should:
- Hold a Master (or equivalent) in project management, business administration, economics, finance, engineering, or any related field;
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience with projects on sustainable energy access in developing countries;
- Be able to work both in French and English (equivalent to level B2 or above for both), Portuguese is a plus;
- Show a strong interest on issues related to development and energy access;
- Be able to work independently and with initiative;
- Be a team player, ready to provide support where needed;
- Have good communication skills;
- Be open to travel regularly for short trips (usually 1-2 weeks each) to Sub-Saharan Africa (including countries such as Madagascar, Niger, CAR, DRC, etc.).
The candidate should also be motivated, flexible, take initiative, able to work in a challenging, multi-cultural setting mostly based on remote work. MARGE experts are disseminated across different countries and work mostly through virtual communication tools.
Full-time or part-time, 6 months. Start as soon as possible, negotiable. Possibility of renewal of the contract at the end of the 6 months.
Different locations are possible according to MARGE experts’ locations (Toulouse or Paris/France, Addis Ababa/Ethiopia, Blantyre/Malawi). MARGE would also consider the candidate to work in any other location, providing he/she can prove his/her capability and previous experience with remote work. The candidate needs to have the right to live and work in the location where he/she plans to work. MARGE will not be able to assist with visa and work permits.
Contact and application deadline
Please send your CV and cover letter to MARGE administrative assistant firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2020, with subject “Project_Manager_Candidate_Last name_First Name”.