Advisor (m/f/d) in the field of sustainable infrastructure in Asia
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Emerging economies in Asia, especially China, India, and Indonesia, are among the large infrastructure investors in the world. These investments will shape the physical structure of these countries for the coming decades and have a fundamental impact on the sustainability of their development paths. The Sustainable Infrastructure Alliance (SIA) is a Strategic Alliance between the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and ecos AG/Global Infrastructure Basel Foundation (GIB) that aims to create a market for sustainable infrastructure standards based on environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria in China, India and Indonesia.Your tasks
- Supporting the project lead in the implementation of the Strategic Alliance with ecos AG in China, India and Indonesia
- Independent implementation and steering of activities and work packages
- Coordination between GIZ and ecos AG regarding project planning, implementation and strategy
- Coordination with relevant local institutions (investors, developers, government authorities) in China, India and Indonesia
- Organisation of trainings, workshops and conferences
- Outreach and research activities, including preparation of articles and reports
- Supporting project and budget planning, as well as financial management and reporting
- As needed, support other cluster activities related to low-carbon energy transition and electromobility
- Master's degree in economics, business, finance, political science or similar
- Extensive knowledge of the infrastructure project life-cycle and project finance
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of the economic and social systems of emerging economies, especially China, India and Indonesia, with relation to infrastructure
- Knowledge of sustainability standards and how they function in relation to infrastructure
- Strong ability to act in complex international contexts and to engage in dialogue with technical experts
- Strong communication and intercultural skills, ability to work well in a team
- Capacity to work in a target-oriented, independent, resilient and reliable manner
- Fluent in English and German; Chinese is an asset
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
GIZ China offices are located in the central district of Beijing, near the German embassy and other European embassies. Beijing has a low crime rate and is safe at night. The neighbourhood is walkable and located near to dining and hotel amenities and has access to public transport. Beijing is one of the world’s most modern mega-cities, featuring fast and clean subways, direct international flights worldwide, and a wide variety of housing options for all budgets. International schools are available as are high-quality medical services. Although English is not universally spoken, most services required by foreigners do not require advanced Chinese language skills.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=48320