Programme coordinator (m/w/d) Clean Affordable Secure Energy For South East Asia (CASE)
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The programme “Clean, Affordable, and Secure Energy for Southeast Asia” or CASE is a regional programme funded by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and coordinated by GIZ. CASE aims to drive change in the power sector in South East Asia (SEA) towards increased ambitions with regards to climate change. It focuses on the four largest SEA countries – Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam – and foresees regional interventions. Composed of a wide range of organizations, CASE will develop and propose evidence-based solutions to the energy challenges met by decision makers and build societal support around those solutions. A joint fact-finding research approach will be applied, involving expert analysis and dialogue in key energy gaps. CASE will also support coordination in the SEA power sector, provides technical and policy support and facilitate dialogue around a new energy vision thereby contributing to the transition of the power sector towards an innovative, economically successful and environmentally friendly model.Your tasks
- Lead the formulation and implementation of the regional operational planning in close coordination with the consortium partners
- Lead, coordinate and contribute to technical activities related to energy transition: from energy research or drafting of ToR for a specific study, to policy advice or communication report
- Day to day regional coordination of national activities closely with the country teams to support them and identify synergies ‘potential
- Lead cooperation activities with and contribution to complementary programmes such as the Energy Transition Partnership with the view to maximize impact
- Steer and coordinate the programme’s reporting to BMU as well as the administrative management
- Support the formulation and implementation of Thailand activities
- Supervise and organizing quality assurance of deliverables for the Thailand activities
- Lead the relations with Thailand institutional partner
- Advanced university degree (At least master or equivalent) in energy related matters, engineering, environmental science, or economics (other degree with relevant practical experience are eligible for application)
- A strong understanding of one or several of the following issues would be a strong asset in particular in a SEA context: financing and/or developing renewable energy projects, power markets and regulation in non-liberalized power systems, grid infrastructure, energy efficiency, and business models in future energy systems
- Several years of professional work experience (in the energy sector or related field) is required. Experience in project management, in leading research project or in implementing complex multi stakeholders project is desirable. Previous experience in managing staff desirable. Working experience with international organization such as UN, ASEAN, or GIZ is a strong asset
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (MS Office etc.) is required. Excellent drafting and communication skills are required
- Keen interest, enthusiasm and even a passion for environmental issues
- Ability (and ideally the experience) to lead a small team in close coordination with his/her director, to take initiative and engage and interact with various stakeholders
- Diplomatic, problem solving mindset and able to work under pressure
- Fluent communication in English both written and speaking is required. Knowledge of German is desirable. Thai, Indonesian, Filipino or Vietnamese is an asset
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=48336