Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Consultant Final evaluation (m/f/d) – India / Bangladesh / Nepal
This posting concerns a short-time assignment of about 30 days working for Welthungerhilfe in a freelance capacity.
Objectives and responsibilities of the position
The objective of the qualitative evaluation:
- Understanding of the target population and service providers regarding interlinkage between agriculture, natural resource management, WASH, livelihoods, childcare practices and Nutrition.
- Sustainability of the practices & behaviour chances among the families of the undernourished children.
- Assess the scope of scaling up of the “multi Sector Approach – Nutrition Smart village” through the government official & other stake holders who can influence policy decisions
- Furthermore, the evaluation will serve as a basis for the planning of the approved second phase of the project.
Your most important duties are as follows:
- Inception report (before the evaluation)
- Visit sample project villages and meet project stakeholders in Bangladesh, India & Nepal
- Prepare country wise detailed narrative on the status and scope of scale-up the multisector approach through government systems.
- A summary report for sharing with the donor BMZ
- A power point presentation on the highlights for advocacy & promotion.
Your qualifications will include:
- Proven experience in evaluating development projects, preferably in the sector of Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security.
- Working experience in South Asia
- Experience in multi-methodological evaluation approaches of development projects
- Experience with non-governmental organisations, especially Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability within NGOs
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
Please send the following details, quoting reference “5717 Final qualitative evaluation of Regional Nutrition Project” by 2nd March 2020 to email@example.com and Tamanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description of methodology incl. reference to perceived feasibility of the ToRs
- Work plan
- Financial offer, budget incl. fees/honorarium per working day, travel costs, accommodation, per diems all as a lump-sum
- CV and references
- Proof of professional registration and taxation