Consultant (m/f/d) for Fund Management for our Public Finance Management Department
GFA Consulting Group is an independent worldwide operating consulting company with its head office in Hamburg/Germany. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it GIZ, KfW, European Commission, MCC, the Global Fund, GAVI and others.
Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In the Public Finance Management Department (PFM) we focus on consultancy services related to Public Finance, Public Procurement, Audit, Accounting Services, Grant & Fund Management.
Join our FAAP (Finance, Audit, Accounting and Procurement) team in the Public Finance Management Department as an open - minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to assure that public funds are used impactful and benefit the targeted focal groups.
The range of duties includes on the one hand project management, strategic business development, acquisition, and on the other hand technical input to assure efficient and effective project implementation.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries, particularly to Africa.
General key responsibilities include:
- Participate in the acquisition process of new projects, including identification of project team members, elaboration and coordination of technical proposals and building financial budget;
- Management of projects from our Headquarter in Hamburg with regular project related field trips;
- Quality control of project delivery products;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions for our clients including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies comprising professional services for financial management,
- Contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications.
- Developing concept and tools for our project implementation
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and oversight of Fiscal/Fiduciary Agent projects in the area of fund management;
- Capacity building development services for our project beneficiaries;
- Quality assurance related to reports (including financial reports) & any other deliverable/output;
- Technical input in financial management, internal control and compliance.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master level or similar) in economics/business administration, finance or related areas;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the area of administrative and financial project management and/or in working in the fields of controlling, financial management, accounting/reporting, internal/external auditing;
- High social competence, ability to motivate and interact with other team members;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and French, knowledge of German and/or further languages would be an advantage;
- International working experience would be an asset;
- Understanding of the context of development cooperation/human aid would be an asset;
- Previous working experience with at least one international donors or development agencies like EU, GIZ, KfW, World Bank, The Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria and/or MCC would be an advantage;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners;
- To work in the context of international development;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only via e-mail by 05.03.2020 to
Ms Andrea Leber
GFA Consulting Group GmbH