Base of operation: Cologne (or Vienna, Brussels, London)
Hulla & Co Human Dynamics GmbH & Co KG, a DAI Global Company, is a specialised provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries. We operate in a range of fields: from economy and good governance, to institutional and infrastructure development, justice sector reform, to environment and sustainable energy policy.
For our project implementation department, we are looking for a Project Director with experience in the coordination / management of donor funded international cooperation projects (preferably EU funded), and with good technical knowledge in at least one of the fields we are working in.
Preferred duty station is our branch office in Cologne/Germany (with short term missions worldwide); other duty stations (e.g. our offices in Vienna, Brussels or London) are also possible.
- Coordinate/manage projects of donor funded (mostly EU funded) technical assistance projects; as the Project Director, be responsible for:
- Contract and financial management of projects;
- Technical supervision and quality control of projects;
- Ensure compliance with ours and client’s procedures:
- Supervise the financial administration of projects;
- Lead the recruitment of experts;
- Conduct project backstopping missions worldwide (short term);
- University degree (Master level);
- At least 8 years of professional experience after graduation;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the coordination/management of international cooperation projects, preferably EU funded technical assistance projects;
- Substantial professional experience in transition and/or developing countries;
- Profound subject matter knowledge in at least one of the fields we are working in;
- Excellent knowledge of EU rules and procedures for project funding and implementation;
- Strong planning, project management and people skills;
- Strong in compliance management;
- Excellent English written and spoken is a must, French is an asset;
- Full computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Excel;
- Willingness and ability to undertake several short-term missions (up to two weeks) per year to transition and/or developing countries.
Please send your CV, cover letter and copies of diplomas & employers’ references to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing to PD2020, until 29 February 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.