Malteser International has been operational in Myanmar since 2001, targeting communicable diseases, primary health care services, improving the access to safe water and sanitation facilities and enhancing disaster risk reduction capacities.
In Shan State, Malteser International implements since 2003 a comprehensive program in the sectors Health and WASH in remote villages inhabited by various ethnic minorities. It includes community based basic health care services, services related to mother and child health and measures for the control of communicable diseases such as malaria, HIV&AIDS and tuberculosis. Moreover, a new four-year project involves activities in the sectors of nutrition, food security and livelihood. The program aims at building the capacity of both community and government institutions.
In support of our work in eastern Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated
Program Coordinator (m/f/d)
As a Program Coordinator (m/f/d) you will be in charge for the management and coordination of the overall program and the different project locations/offices. You will be responsible to supervise and guide the program team to effectively plan, rebuild and implement the program. Furthermore, you will be responsible to write quality reports on program status and achievements and support the development of new proposals and concepts to further develop the program in eastern Shan State.
- Overall coordination and supervision of the projects and the program office in eastern Shan State, including the structural set-up of different locations and communication channels
- Develop local strategies according to the humanitarian and development context and Malteser International’s sectoral focus as well as set program priorities in close coordination with the Country Management Team and HQ, Cologne
- Monitor planning and implementation of program/project activities according to approved plans and budgets (monitoring of objectives as well as performance and output related indicators) and adjust of needed
- Ensure proper and regular program/project reporting according to donor and Malteser standards
- Ensure correct utilisation of Malteser and Donor procurement guidelines and supply chain management forms as well as Malteser internal guidelines on HR procedures, finance (budget control, review and compliance) and administration
- Represent the Malteser program/projects and build and maintain good relations with local communities, national authorities, international and national organisations represented in the target area
- Maintain and adapt if necessary security and safety guidelines and ensure that all staff are informed regularly
- Several years working experience in humanitarian aid or development projects in complex and remote conflict/post-conflict contexts, minimum 5 years working experience in coordinating positions including remote control experience (preferably in Myanmar)
- Previous extended experience in planning and coordinating conflict sensitive multisector programs including health care, WASH, livelihood and nutrition/food security projects
- Sound and up to date knowledge of standards, methodologies and techniques, including ‘do no harm’, CHS, participatory methodologies, core mainstreaming topics
- Strong international project management skills and experience including project proposal development, logical framework, monitoring and report writing
- Strong experience in working with German (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, GIZ) and international donors (Global Fund, WFP, etc.)
- An understanding of logistics and good experience in budget management
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, different authorities and donors
- Excellent ability to lead, motivate and strengthen teams in a multi-cultural environment and build an inclusive and positive team spirit
- Physical and mental strength, readiness to live in a remote environment
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); proficiency in using standard software packages
- Highly organised, with planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills
- Start Date: latest March 2020
- Duty Station: Kengtung, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar, with frequent travels to different project locations
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house possible, one home flight per year of employment, 30 vacation days plus 13 public holidays
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a committed and supportive team
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at: https://bit.ly/2R1Nli5.
Please submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and 3 references) until December 13th, 2019.
Malteser International - D-50825 Cologne / Germany