Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for the Strengthening of Stakeholders in Inclusive Business Models and Value Chains
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Facilitation of partnerships with the private sector in the Beira-Corridor, with a special focus on the Province of Sofala. Strengthening of the partner institutions and cooperation with stakeholders in selected value chains. The position is embedded in and contributes to the Programme for “Sustainable Economic Development” (ProEcon) and the Project „Green Innovation Centres for the Agricultural and Food Sector” (GIAE).Your tasks
- Supporting the implementation of inclusive business models with the private sector
- Developing and setting up of coordination and cooperation mechanisms between different stakeholders in inclusive business models and selected value chains
- Creating and strengthening smallholder farmer organizations in selected value chains
- Developing and implementing stakeholder platforms and market information systems
- Supporting monitoring and communication, as well as in national and international information exchange
- University Degree in the area of Agriculture, Sustainable Development or Economics
- Professional experience in the area of inclusive business models, development partnerships with the private sector and/or value chains
- Professional experience in the area of smallholder organizational development
- Experience in the area of network development and market information
- Experience in the area of monitoring
- Knowledge and practical experience in information and communication technologies
- Very good English knowledge (written and oral) and good knowledge of Portuguese (or very good Spanish knowledge); Knowledge of the German language
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
- Place of residence: Beira, Mozambique
- Climate: Sub-tropical, rainy season: November to April
- Healthcare: Private clinics available
- Supply and shopping facilities: Various supermarkets and local markets available
- Accessibility: By plane from Johannesburg or Maputo
- School situation: English and Portuguese-speaking private schools available
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=46290