GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department we focus on consultancy services related to water sector policies, water and solid waste sector reform, circular economy, value chain development in recycling and CE, water acts, management (reform) of water utilities, aggregation of utilities, capacity building all along the water, wastewater and solid waste sector stakeholders, human resources development in water and solid waste utilities and/or public entities in the water and SW sector, assistance in decentralization process towards municipalities, tariff systems, accounting, billing, pro-poor water and sanitation service strategies, public awareness in WASH, socio-economics in water demand studies, willingness and capacities to pay studies, cost-benefit analyses.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department.
- The Waste Management consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the Solid Waste Management Sector with a particular focus on the field of capacity development, circular economy, and recycling.
- The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing countries (e.g. to Sub Saharan Africa). Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area ;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to solid waste management, circular economy and value chain development. Additional knowledge and experience in the wastewater and sanitation sector is a strong advantage;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German, French and English;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EBRD, EuropeAid, EIB) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Mr Clément Le Navenec
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 226