Digital Content Manager
External Relations Unit
Director of External Relations
Fairtrade changes the way trade works through better prices, decent working conditions and a fairer deal for farmers and workers in developing countries. By choosing Fairtrade products, people can create change through their everyday actions, and farming communities can improve their lives and invest in their future.
Fairtrade International is the international non-profit, multi stakeholder body that sets Fairtrade Standards and coordinates the strategic direction of Fairtrade with our member organizations worldwide.
Fairtrade International needs an experienced Digital Content Manager to join the Communications team. As a digital content professional you will have experience developing and implementing digital strategies. You will have a strong track record in website management, CMS, social media and online comms.
To help position Fairtrade International and the Fairtrade system through its digital communications in line with the Global Strategy and the Global Communications Strategy.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing Fairtrade International’s websites (fairtrade.net and info.fairtrade.net); developing Fairtrade International’s digital strategy; and providing relevant content for social media channels and online platforms related to FI's presence.
- Lead on the development and implementation of a digital strategy for Fairtrade International.
- Plan and oversee further refinement and enhancement of fairtrade.net and info.fairtrade.net.
- Coordinate, develop, and manage Fairtrade International's social media presence, including providing expert advice to staff.
- Ensure continuous, user-friendly operation of fairtrade.net, info.fairtrade.net, and other FI websites, and management of issues as they occur (to include overseeing work of external vendors or contractors, as appropriate).
- Manage external contractors for delivery of digital services relating to fairtrade.net and info.fairtrade.net and Fairtrade International’s social media channels.
- Provide timely and relevant editorial content for fairtrade.net and info.fairtrade.net and social media channels via creation of original content and sourcing of system-developed content
- Coordinate and upload content provided by other Fairtrade International teams and from elsewhere in the system.
- Ensure website content is current, accurate and non-redundant
- Advise and support colleagues on use of the website’s CMS, enabling them to manage content related to their roles as much as possible
- Facilitate the dissemination of major publications through digital channels
Planning and budgeting
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for digital programmes and activities, monitor progress and evaluate performance.
- Manage procurement, onboarding and evaluation process with new and existing vendors and service providers
- Contribute to the development, implementation, measurement, and achievement of communications goals, as related to the digital strategy.
- Stay abreast of relevant developments in fair trade, competitive labels and related media
- Coordinate and facilitate web cooperation with Fairtrade International’s member organizations
- Support the Communications team in all digital and web-related matters.
- Keep up to date with trends in the fields of digital technology, social media and related areas, and use this information to inform strategy and tactics.
- Serve as lead on Fairtrade International's internal digital communications and information-sharing platforms and tools such as ResourceSpace, Basecamp and Falcon.io.
- Perform administrative support on Falcon social marketing platform, including user account management for system members
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise as required
Knowledge / Job Specific Competencies:
- Three to five years’ experience working as a web manager and/or liaison to web developers.
- Three to five years’ experience in providing written content, in English, as a social media producer, writer, or similar, with proven sound editorial judgement.
- Proven track record in CMS, web management, developing and implementing digital strategies.
- In-depth knowledge/experience of one of the following: the fair trade movement and its role and impact in promoting development; international development issues; ethical trade or corporate social responsibility.
- Proven facilitation skills in multi-stakeholder settings, including ability to liaise between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Languages: Excellent command of the English language (native speaker or equivalent) is essential. Command of other relevant languages (in particular Spanish, French, or German) is an asset.
- Experience with Craft3 CMS or similar preferred; experience with Photoshop, Infogram, Canva, and Falcon.io preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully manage projects with limited guidance
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative in achieving outcomes
- Demonstrable ability to motivate others
- Preference for working in multicultural environments
- A diplomatic and empathetic working style
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This is a full-time position
- Location is at Fairtrade International offices in Bonn, Germany
- The office language is English
- Salary is based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement (Groß- und Außenhandel NRW) salary group VIa (4,369.26 Euros gross per month), plus an attractive benefits package including pension and savings contributions, 30 days annual leave and flexible working hours.
- Starting: date as soon as possible
- Please consult www.fairtrade.net for more information on Fairtrade International and the Fairtrade movement
- Please apply by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter (including likely start date) to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing ‘Digital Content Manager’ in the subject line
- Deadline for applications is 15 November 2019
Please note that Fairtrade International is strict on compliance with the required qualification criteria mentioned above, and only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.