Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for Economic Organisations in Luang Prabang/Laos
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
This Position in Luang Prabang Province is financed by the “Regional Economic Integration of Laos into the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Trade and Entrepreneurship Development (RELATED)” Project (60%) and the “Support of Regional Economic Cooperation in Asia (SRECA)” Project (40%). The RELATED Project supports its Laos partners to improve the policy framework conditions and the capacities of the business sector for sustainably using economic potentials arising from Laos’ integration into the ASEAN Economic Community. The regional project SRECA aims to improve the conditions for regional and global agricultural trade in selected focus countries – Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam with the People’s Republic of China as a development partner in the framework of ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement.Your tasks
- Strengthening the organizational capacities of the Luang Prabang Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Service Centre (LPB SSC) to deliver ASEAN and ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement (ACFTA)-specific services
- Strengthening the capacities of the tourism, handicraft and agricultural associations and their members to capitalise on the prospects of the ASEAN Single Market and of the Chinese market within the ACFTA
- Assisting the LPB SSC, the provincial tourism, handicraft and agricultural associations in the (further) development and provision of AEC- and ACFTA-related services
- Improving the productivity, quality, resource efficiency and thus enhance the competitiveness of enterprises, farmer and producer groups in the tourism, handicraft and agricultural sector in Luang Prabang in view of the AEC and ACFTA
- Improving the access of the business community in Luang Prabang to the ASEAN Single Market and of the export-oriented business community in Luang Prabang and Northern Lao to the Chinese market to find new business opportunities
- Supporting the LPB SSC, tourism, handicraft and agricultural associations, enterprises, farmer and producer groups to introduce sustainable consumption and production patterns in view of their sustainable development
- Improving the lobbying and communication skills of the LPB SSC and provincial tourism, handicraft and agricultural associations to competently and proactively participate in public-private dialogue formats and to advocate the interests of the private sector
- Support in the development of income generating activities for the LPB SSC and the provincial tourism, handicraft and agricultural associations
- Degree in development economics, business administration or similar academic fields
- Experiences in the areas of value chain development (sustainable tourism, agro-business) and support to business membership organizations
- Flexibility, a strong sense of teamwork, solution orientation
- Willingness to learn, and the ability to expand and build workable networks with relevant government agencies, private sector, and development partners operating in the province
- Work experience in mainstreaming gender equality
- In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Luang Prabang is a beautiful UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site, located at the Mekong and Khan River. The climate in Luang Prabang is characterized by pleasant temperatures. Given that Luang Prabang is the most important tourism spot in Lao People's Democratic Republic (PDR), there are a lot of good restaurants and shopping opportunities. Except in the tourism high season, life goes slowly in Luang Prabang Thus, the location is very suitable for families with small children, for which an international school exists. Luang Prabang offers basic health services. More intense health care centres can be reached in the capital city Vientiane, one hour by flight away, or in nearby Thailand.
A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office.
GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
The workplace will be at the premises of the Luang Prabang Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LPB CCI).
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=45195