Helvetas is a development organisation anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per mid-2020, we are looking for a result oriented and innovative
Project Team Leader / Manager (F/M) 100% Skills & LOcal economic development (LED)
based in Southern shan, Myanmar
The team leader will be responsible to manage a new project in Shan State. Shan is said to be a micro-cosmos of whole of Myanmar and holds one of the keys to sustainable peace and development. The area has a high potential for economic development, mostly linked to agriculture, which will need skilled workforce. This potential new project will have a strong focus on empowering women and on linking an agriculture-based economy to wider economic activities including tourism.
Employment is subject to award of the tender to Helvetas.
Your main responsibility is to lead the overall management of the project through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision as well as the coordination with all partners and relevant stakeholders.
You will provide high quality strategic project management, steer it and give technical inputs. To avoid parallel implementing structures, you coordinate and particularly facilitate collaboration with the relevant authorities and organizations. Additionally, you foster close and continuous cooperation among the involved parties and other relevant projects on other domains in Myanmar.
It is expected that your work will contribute to wider learning and exchange within the organisations as well as the international development community for which knowledge sharing through communication and sharing is crucial. Besides, your administrative and financial supervision will make sure that the project complies with the organisational requirements and procedures.
- Relevant Master degree, e.g. in economy, skills development, governance, development studies
- Familiarity with the triple nexus – the link between humanitarian aid, development cooperation and peace building
- Sound track record with vocational skills development
- Proven experience with Local Economic Development (LED) or Territorial Development. This includes experience in Market System Development and governance.
- Sound management experience including human resources management, budget responsibility and project cycle management
- Working experience in Myanmar or at least in South East Asia
- Experience at strengthening country systems and working with multi sector stakeholders
- A strong ability to learn quickly, think analytically, strategically and come up with innovative solutions
- Experience in training/presentation, coaching/consulting, documentation/capitalisation and research/analysis
- Demonstrated experience in communication, negotiation and liaising with authorities at national and local level
- Fluency in English, any other language is a plus
- Excellent skills in reporting/writing, communication and intercultural competencies
WE OFFER YOU
International or regional contract for 2 years (extension possible). Attractive working conditions in small and dynamic teams.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by September 23, 2019. Please send your electronic application to email@example.com. Visit our website www.helvetas.org/en/myanmar or www.helvetas.org.