Development Worker as Technical Advisor (m/f/d) in organisational development, advocacy and institutional visibility
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Through the component "framework conditions" of the Forest-Environment Program (PFE), the project will facilitate the contribution of the two organizations to the improvement of framework conditions for the forest sector-environment by strengthening their capacity, especially the Ministry of Fauna and Forestry and the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development. Expected results include the improvement of the institutional visibility of organizations and networks.
The partners are the National Observatory on Climate Change (ONACC), Réseau des Parlementaires pour la Gestion Durable des Écosystèmes Forestiers d’Afrique Centrale (REPAR) and Réseau des Chefs Traditionnels pour la Conservation de la Biodiversité et la Gestion Durable des Ecosystèmes du Bassin du Congo (RecTrad).Your tasks
- Providing support to the development of new abilities to contribute to advocate for improved framework conditions through dialog with the Government
- Supporting to institutional communication
- Block of activities linked with abilities in terms of advocacy, target-based drafting of messages, design/improvement of communication tools, development of innovative channels for institutional communication
- Supporting the dialog with the Government; accompanying legislative processes
- Supporting the development of strategic partnerships and the search for funding
- Block of activities linked with advocacy activities; support as concerns the methodology for project development and model of own revenue development (specifically for ONACC)
- Multidisciplinary training in organisational development, capacity building, business administration or master’s degree in organization management or any other equivalent training
- A first successful experience in providing support to the positioning of a high-level civil society organization
- Skills in adult didactics appreciated, experience or good understanding of the methods and advocacy rationales appreciated
- Several years professional experiences in relevant fields
- Confirmed interest in expatriation; team spirit and sensitivity to a multi-player collaboration
- Skills in facilitation and training; interest in the participatory approach; adaptability, versatility and patience highly recommended
- Knowledge of basic IT tools
- Good knowledge of French and English
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The location Yaoundé in Cameroon is suitable for families with children. The climate is tropical. There are international schools (English and French). The primary health care is adequate. There are daily flights to Europe.
The security situation requires increased alertness. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Willingness to regularly field trips in simple conditions.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=45163