Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Our department Education and Employment Promotion is providing services worldwide to support equal access to education, competence strengthening, LM development and an overall improvement of the living conditions in the countries where we work. We cover all fields of education (from pre-school to Higher Education, as well as vocational education and adult learning measures) and the employment policies.
GOPA mbH is looking for a
Project Manager Education and Employment Promotion (m/f/d) francophone
to start as soon as possible in our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Project Manager you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects, especially in the francophone area, and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects in the fields of education and employment promotion. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- Early development of project acquisition strategies, with a special focus on the francophone area, but not exclusively
- Management and coordination of the acquisition process, e.g. including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations
- Technical and financial monitoring/management (backstopping) of on-going projects, including coordination and monitoring of the project activities on site, ensuring the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervision and management of project staff and resources, preparation/finalisation of project reports
- Active contribution to the acquisition strategy of the Education and Employment Promotion Department and the further development of the department’s portfolio, especially, but not only, in the francophone area
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of social sciences
- Business fluent French (both written and spoken) and English language skills
- German language skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Strong writing, communication, networking and team-working skills, flexibility and conflict management experience, business oriented
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Required : experience in the education sector and/or the vocational and training sector; similar experience in the employment sector would also be taken into consideration
- Asset: proven experiences in education/VET policy development or in curriculum/training standards development
- Required: proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition, and especially in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
- Asset: work experience abroad in target countries (esp. in the francophone area) for development cooperation is considered as a strong asset
- Asset: experience (at least over 2 years) of donor procedures and requirements, esp. EU and AFD is considered as a strong asset
- Colleagues, passionate about their work, who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of fun and humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- Short, direct communication and decision paths, and our belief in an “open door” policy across all levels
- An international working environment in a – by no means ordinary – professional branch
- The means to further your professional development with us and, in future, to responsibly develop and supervise special topic areas or tasks
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own cantine
- Exciting projects await you, which you can actively shape through your expert knowledge
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
- Personnel -
61348 Bad Homburg