CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the Internal Senior Audit Manager, the job holder will provide primary financial and accounting assurance to a standard range of operational topics. Your role supports the Internal Audit function to identify issues and challenges with the existing procedures which may impact the integrity of financial management, both, at the operational and system levels. As a member of the Internal Audit Team, the Internal Audit Officer will proactively manage assigned tasks in the internal audit universe and coach during a wide number of on-site Internal Audit exercises within CBM International.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Assist to carry out risk based, routine and event triggered audits to ensure compliance
- Investigate detected issues and prepare the internal audit findings for follow up by F&O and PD officers
- Communicate efficiently with units such as CBM International, Regional Hubs and other relevant stakeholders to ensure effective coverage of internal audit assignments and their follow-up of action points
- Support the reporting function to the CBM executive management and other forums
- Maintain accurate Data Management
- Develop lessons learned sessions on detected internal audit issues for continuous improvement of the organisation's operational processes Initiative in support of the objectives
- Strengthen our competencies further on IA matters within CBM International including orientation of new staff
- Ensure that project related Internal Audit programs of regions are properly prepared and consolidated
- Adhere to the Framework for Internal Audit Effectiveness, IPPF, and keep know-how up to date in line with new developments, the Internal Audit Charter, and procedures set in the Internal Audit Handbook as well
We are looking for someone who will…
- Related University Degree or equivalent
- Relevant Finance credentials and/or Business Process know-how
- Profound knowledge of audit standards (International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and IPPF, International Professional Practices Framework)
- Minimum of 3 years’ project field experience
- Understanding of disability-inclusive development would be advantageous
- Solid understanding of key players and stakeholders on global and regional level
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% of working time
- Proven experience in teaching, training or coaching would be advantageous
- Excellent cross-cultural and persuasive communication skills
- Know-how in results-based management, project monitoring and reporting
- A global mindset that builds strong and positive working relationships
- Professional proficiency in English. German, French and/or Spanish would be advantageous
- Good computer and related tools literacy (MS Office, MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions)
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our job portal in order for you to submit the corresponding application documents such as CV and cover letter in English here: https://jobs.cbm.org/
Application deadline: August 8, 2019. This position is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract to be based in Bensheim or out of one of CBM´s field offices with local employment conditions and/or subject to the international scope of national labour and immigration laws in the respective country.