Professional in International Project Management (m/f/x)
Mission for us means to improve living conditions on the basis of our Christian belief. Faith, health, education, justice and peace: These are themes of relevance and importance for us, in Africa, Asia and Germany. Our projects and programs reflect this. In recent years we have developed into an international network of churches and diaconia with a modern, up-to-date profile.
For almost 30 years, we have worked with the Evangelical Anglican church in Rwanda (EAR) in areas of development and education. The EAR, through its own training centers and universities, provides a quality education and vocational skills for young people in southern Rwanda.
In the framework of our North-South-Personnel Exchange we are looking for a professional from Germany or another EU-country to work at the HANIKA Integrated Polytechnic, which was founded in 2017 by the EAR. The HANIKA School offers programs through a hands-on-approach in fields of computer technology, engineering and mechanics.
- Adaptation of curricula to the requirements of government agencies and local authorities to ensure accreditation of the institution
- Participation in the renewal and conclusion of cooperation agreements with companies and other institutes to ensure the best quality of training
- Improvement of the equipment and safety of workshops through regular inspection, training and other measures
- Developing an international/national network with other organizations and corresponding institutions, to enable an expertise exchange with the staff at Hanika School.
- Completed training or study in International Project management or a related field
- Experience with impact-oriented projects, project monitoring and project evaluation
- Experience with projects in international and intercultural environment
- Proven Consultation Skills in Development Projects
- Excellent English and/or French language skills, ready to learn Kinyarwanda
- Comfortable to work in a diverse team
- Excellent knowledge and experience with computer applications
- Years of working experience in Afrika are preferable
This secondment will be for a three years period. Extension for a second term may be considered. The position/job offer is co-financed by Dienste in Übersee e.V. (Bread for the World) under the conditions of the “Entwicklungshelfergesetz”
Please send your application in English by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31.08.2019