The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate (m/f/d) in the field of Shelter and Wash to assist the Mozambique Red Cross in its response to the devastation brought by Cyclone Idai.
On March 15th 2019, Cyclone Idai made landfall in Mozambique with a devastating impact on several provinces in central Mozambique. More than 1,5 million people being affected. In Manica province, German Red Cross is focussing its response strategy on shelter and wash activities. GRC is therefore looking for a Shelter and Wash delegate to assist the Mozambique Red Cross in its disaster response.
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Location: Manica Province, Mozambique
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To conduct needs assessments in affected communities;
- To organise distributions of construction material and NFIs via vouchers or in-kind;
- To set up a voucher system in the area;
- To organise trainings of Red-Cross volunteers in WASH and “building back better”;
- To conduct market assessments;
- To establish a Community Engagement and Accountability System (CEA);
- To accompany and monitor the project implementation;
- To coordinate closely with other sectors, partners and to ensure a close cooperation with other Red Cross Societies in the region;
- To attend cluster meetings;
- To ensure visibility of the project and project reporting.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management including the supervision of local teams;
- Professional expertise in Shelter or Wash programmes;
- Experience in administration, logistics and budgeting;
- Experience in setting up and implementing CEA systems;
- Experience in humanitarian emergency settings is an advantage;
- Experience in setting up and implementing a voucher system is an advantage;
- Oral and written fluency in English, good command of Portuguese (or Spanish with the willingness to learn Portuguese);
- Readiness to work in remote areas;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. The positions are unaccompanied posts. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 28.07.2019.
Given the urgency of the operation GRC will start interviewing candidates in advance of the application deadline.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-046 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/
Team Justitiariat und Personal
- SG Personal -