Development Worker as Capacity Advisor (m/f/d) at the Local Government Association and the Local Government Training Institute
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Within the program Decentralization for Development (D4D) GIZ is supporting the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ) and the Chalimbana Local Government Training Institute (CLGTI) as a medium for capacity development at local level. In your position you support LGAZ to coordinate the voicing of the training needs of local authorities vis-a-vis relevant actors at the national level and CLGTI. At CLGTI you support the development of training courses that reflect the identified training needs for local authorities. The goal of this assignment is to contribute to the development of a comprehensive training program for local government.Your tasks
- Advising LGAZ on the conceptualization and implementation of research, e.g. training needs analysis and knowledge management in local councils
- Supporting LGAZ in strengthening the coordination mechanisms with its membership as well with other relevant institutions and partners
- Assisting CLGTI in the development of standardization of training materials
- Advising CLGTI on the improvement of its training framework
- Supporting CLGTI to improve the quality of their training modules, e.g. through use of information and communications technology (ICT)
- Contributing in strengthening the internal management capacities of both institutions
- University degree in social science, political science or public administration
- Many years of relevant experience, ideally in the public sector
- Hands-on experience with management of public institutions preferably with a link to training organizations
- Professional experience with or in Local Government
- Demonstrated ability to operate in multi-cultural teams
- High degree of flexibility
- Fluency in English, oral and written
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Lusaka is a vibrant city with a good range of shopping opportunities, restaurants, cinemas and sport facilities. Good medical Services are available, but it is advisable to go to South Africa for complicated and serious treatment. Three International Schools are available. The security situation can be considered as fair to good.
A limited number of official trips within the country is required as well as commuting on a regular basis (twice a week) to Chalimbana Training Institute, which is about 40 km outside Lusaka.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=44288