The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is part of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organization. The movement has three parts: The National Societies, the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The Swiss Red Cross is participating in a tender of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) for a project on Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in Ukraine. The goal will be to prevent and reduce cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, cancer and diabetes, as well as their corresponding risk factors, through prevention and promotion of healthy lifestyles.
The project will work along three main lines of intervention:
- At institutional levels, strengthening capacities of health institutions and creating an enabling policy, regulatory and legal environment for NCD prevention and integrated NCD management;
- At the providers/service delivery level, strengthening primary healthcare workforce capacities on health promotion, NCDs prevention and improving access to integrated care; and
- At the community/population level, by improving population health literacy and healthcare seeking behavior, and reducing its risk behavior for NCDs.
- The project starts with a 12-month inception phase in November 2019, followed by a first main phase of 4 years, starting in November 2020.
To coordinate this project, if awarded to the Swiss Red Cross and its partners, we are seeking a
Team Leader – Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Overall coordination and management of the project, ensuring performance and accountability for positive outcomes at all levels (system/policy level, partners, health service providers, communities)
- Facilitation of planning, implementation and coordination processes with Ukrainian Red Cross, other Civil Society Organizations, authorities, donor organizations and all other relevant stakeholders
- Coordination with SRC Headquarters, its partners and donors in country and internationally, and ensuring synergies with other projects in Ukraine and in the region
- Managing the project team and coordinating the cooperation with partners and technical experts; coaching and empowering involved team members and counterparts from civil society and government institutions towards sustainable achievement of the project goals
- Financial and administrative monitoring, supervision and reporting.
- University degree in management, governance, public health, development studies, social sciences or a related discipline with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 7 years of experience in leading complex projects, teams and partnerships, preferably in public sector reforms or policy/regulatory development and implementation of models and pilots
- Specific experience in transition countries (preferentially in Ukraine) and in strengthening country systems to address health promotion and disease prevention is an asset
- Orientation towards solutions and results, along with excellent analytical skills
- Experience in mainstreaming transversal themes including gender equality, good governance and conflict sensitive programming
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, facilitation and communication skills and a participatory approach to team management
- Proven competences in negotiation and liaising with authorities at national and local level
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian language is a strong advantage.
What we offer:
2-year contract minimum with the option of extension, starting in November 2019 or as per mutual agreement. Competitive salary, social insurances, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided.
Join us! We look forward to receiving your online application. Please send them asap to Mrs Ursula Baumgartner by 31 July 2019 at the latest (https://jobs.redcross.ch/eng) .