The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is part of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organization. The movement has three parts: The National Societies, the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) has been working in Bangladesh since the country’s independence in 1971. In Cox’s Bazar, SRC will complement the successful primary health care service delivery model with an integrated environmental health component.
To manage our sub-office, we are looking for a
Field Delegate (Head of Sub-Office) to be based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
- Management of the SRC sub-office in Cox’s Bazar, supervision and technical support of local staff in a culturally sensitive environment;
- Professional planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating SRC’s activities in Cox’s Bazar, making programmatic adjustments in line with review recommendations;
- Monitoring progress, overseeing and controlling budgets, regular narrative and financial reporting to SRC Headquarters and partners;
- Representing and advocating for the project’s aims in governmental and non-governmental meetings at all levels, ensuring programme visibility;
- Advising programme partners on key thematic and strategic issues, guiding and supporting, governmental organizations and CBOs;
- Designing and conducting various types of research (KAP etc.);
- Working out new project proposals, including design of innovative interventions in the camp sites;
- Receiving visitors and delegations (donors, HQ representatives, partners) and introducing them to SRC’s activities in Cox’s Bazar.
- University and/or post-graduate degree, preferably in Public Health or Development Studies;
- Proven experience as a program manager (familiar with Project Cycle Management) in the humanitarian and/or development sector and familiarity with health promotions actions/interventions;
- Analytical and strategic planning skills, monitoring and reporting skills, ideally with research experience (quantitative and qualitative methods);
- Excellent problem solving skills with a proactive approach to proposing solutions to challenges;
- Attentive to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong follow-through;
- Network and coordinate with authorities, partners and other NGOs;
- English: fluent, speaking and writing, Bangla is an asset;
- Readiness for extended stays in rural areas of Bangladesh;
- Familiarity with Red Cross Movement is an advantage.
What we offer!
1 year contract (with possible extension), starting 27 October 2019 or by arrangement. Competitive salary, social insurances, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided. Non-family posting!
Applications: Please submit your application online with CV, a motivation letter and names of three referees (will be contacted only if candidate is shortlisted), attn. Ursula Baumgartner