The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organizations within the Movement.
In close cooperation with the Haitian Red Cross (HRC) and other partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the GRC has been conducting project measures in various regions in Haiti since 2004.
The project is using an integrated approach and is jointly implemented with the Haitian Red Cross. It aims to increase the resilience of the population in Arcahaie regarding food security. Activities to increase agricultural productivity and diversification of livelihoods are implemented in three communal sections of Arcahaie. The project is based on community-based activities and the sensitization on climate change and its effects on agricultural production. It started in 2017 with a total project duration of 48 months. The funding of the donor (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development - BMZ) terminates by the end of the year 2019.
GRC is currently seeking for an experienced Project Manager (m/f/d):
Place of assignment: Arcahaie, Haiti
Duration of contract: asap - January 31st 2020
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage the project in close cooperation with the Haitian Red Cross as national counterpart and implementing partner
- Coordinate, liaise and maintain a close working relationship with major stakeholders in the region
- Oversight of project management and quality, and ensuring efficient quality management systems
- Safeguard collection and analysis of field data and monitoring of program results and activities by maintaining an effective M&E system
- Project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (BMZ) requirements
- Narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and donor (BMZ) policies and regulations
- Supervision, mentoring and capacity building of project team
- Strengthen capacity building and team work
- Secure a smooth end of project and handover to the local Haitian Red Cross
- At least 5 years working experience in Project Management of international development-oriented projects
- Profound working experience in the field of Food Security and WASH
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (knowledge of BMZ requirements will be a strong asset)
- Experience in participatory methods and community development
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM, reporting and monitoring
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E, developing tools and plans, and leading midterms and annual reviews and planning workshops/activities
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations / capacity building among communities and partners (preferably in the region)
- Assertive, with high intercultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Oral and written fluency in French and English, German would be a strong asset
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent physical and mental health with the ability to complete a thorough medical screening process
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner - no family post
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. We provide you with an accommodation and a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering for medical check ups before and after your mission. During your assignment you are granted R&R (Rest and Relaxation). Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive coaching and briefing prior as well as during and after your mission.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 28.07.2019
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019 – 084 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/