Particip GmbH is an international consultancy firm, offering its expertise and know-how to numerous clients including international and bilateral organisations, national governments and the private sector. We are currently one of the leading evaluation consultancies in Europe. Our major clients include: European Commission, UN agencies, World Bank, Regional Development Banks, Swiss Development Cooperation, EU Member States’ Ministries of Foreign Affairs (e.g. Denmark, Finland, Sweden).
Our services focus on all sectors and themes related to international development cooperation, humanitarian aid and public diplomacy. We carry out a significant number of evaluations focusing on public policies and development cooperation strategies each year, including country-, regional-level and worldwide thematic evaluations as well as budget support and institutional evaluations.
Our Evaluation Team focuses exclusively on such complex evaluations. Our portfolio includes several important evaluation framework contracts, individual evaluation assignments, and support to other teams within the company to deliver high quality evaluations. Our Evaluation Team is currently looking for an:
Evaluation Manager (m/f/d)
Projektmanager mit einem Fokus auf Evaluierung
Your tasks include:
(Supervised) management of complex evaluations, including:
- Team management and backstopping;
- Contractual, financial and administrative management;
- Data and document analysis and visualisation;
- Written contributions to reports and other outputs;
- Client relationship management;
- Any other project management tasks that are part of our daily work.
Acquisition of evaluation assignments, including:
- Contribution to technical tenders and methodologies;
- Budget preparation;
- Expert identification and recruitment;
- Contributions to consortium building;
- Administrative and logistical aspects of tender preparation.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development or related fields
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (min. 1 year of relevant work experience)
- Preliminary work experience in a consultancy firm is an asset
- Ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of international development cooperation
- Strong analytical and drafting skills
- Experience in supporting qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to interact with counterparts of different hierarchy levels
- Excellent command of English (C2) and either French (C1) or Spanish (C1)
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills on a constant basis
- Sound command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- “Project manager” or “Junior project manager” position depending on prior work experience
- 1-year (full time employment) contract with possibility of extension to an unlimited contract
- Annual leave entitlements of 6 weeks
- Position based in Freiburg (Germany) with a competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic, flat-structured and successful company
- Work in a competent and highly motivated team
- On-the-job training and skills development
Please send your application indicating your earliest starting date (cover letter and CV in English, as well as academic and professional supporting documentation, all in one single PDF file) at the latest by 08.07.2019 to:
Lena Fraser-Landmann: email@example.com
Please note: Incoming applications will be screened on a running basis and we may fill the vacancy before the closing date.