External Relations Assistant (temporary)
Director of External Relations
Fairtrade changes the way trade works through better prices, decent working conditions and a fairer deal for farmers and workers in developing countries. By choosing Fairtrade products, people can create change through their everyday actions, and farming communities can improve their lives and invest in their future.
Fairtrade International is the international non-profit, multi stakeholder body that is responsible for the strategic direction of the global Fairtrade system, sets Fairtrade standards, and coordinates activities for its member organizations.
Fairtrade International’s External Relations unit comprises the Communications, Global Resource Mobilization and Advocacy teams. It works to drive and support coherent strategic communication and messaging across the global Fairtrade system, gain access to and manage third-party funding and to strengthen Fairtrade’s advocacy voice.
To support the External Relations unit to achieve its objectives for key projects, and assisting in the development and dissemination of information that supports Fairtrade’s mission and impact for farmers and workers.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the creation and rollout of a new website, including research; migration and input of new content; and testing.
- Support with social media and community management during website build.
- Support Fairtrade members to use internal photo and digital materials database.
- Assist with monthly internal newsletter.
- Assist with background research, drafting summaries, preparing presentations and reports, editing, formatting documents.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, business trips, and conferences.
- Support on consultation processes with stakeholders.
- Manage internal mailing lists and information platforms.
- Monitor general email account.
- General administrative support for the team, including meeting scheduling, room booking, minute taking, invoice management, filing.
Level of education
- Bachelor degree or finalized apprenticeship in a relevant field, such as communication, marketing, media studies, graphic design.
Knowledge / Job Specific Competencies:
- At least a year experience in an office working environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience in content management systems (e.g. Typo3, WordPress).
- Experience in e-mail marketing systems (e.g. Campaign Monitor) desirable.
- Basic level of graphic design skills an asset.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Spanish, French and/or German an asset.
- Capacity to work independently while applying a collaborative approach.
- Willingness to carry out a number of routine tasks.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Flexible and quick to adapt.
- Creative and solution-oriented.
- Motivation for the cause of Fairtrade.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a temporary full-time position until 31.12.2019.
- Location is at Fairtrade International offices in Bonn, Germany.
- The office language is English.
- Salary as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Wholesale and Foreign Trade Industries for North Rhine Westphalia and Fairtrade International Company Agreement on wages and salaries group 4 (2,392.00 Euros per month for 100% working time)
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
- 30 days of holidays per calendar year (pro-rated for the months worked during the year)
- Please consult www.fairtrade.net for more information on Fairtrade International and the Fairtrade system
- Please apply by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com citing “External Relations Assistant” in the subject line
- Deadline for applications is 25th June 2019