Senior planning officer (m/f/d) for health systems
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Against the backdrop of global health challenges and the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) on Universal Health Coverage (UHC), there is a growing focus on strengthening health systems for quality health services, good governance and fair and sustainable health financing. Health reforms require cross-sectoral approaches and interlinking various disciplines. Digital change is also having a strong impact on the health sector, and GIZ is keen to pilot new solutions and expand its methodological approaches. Cooperation with national and international organisations and institutions, as well as the private sector, are key elements of our contribution towards the SDGs and our common goal of health for all.Your tasks
- Acting as the focal person on health systems in the competence centre and representing the topic both internally and externally (e.g. in contact with the World Health Organization, World Bank, EU, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, etc.)
- Initiating sectoral and cross-sectoral processes to further develop the topic conceptually and methodologically
- Drawing up proposals for updating the health portfolio with relevant products and services and for aligning with the 2030 Agenda and global health strategies
- Coordinating and delivering sectoral inputs, analyses and position papers, including carrying out quality assurance
- Managing cooperation arrangements with national and international partners
- Coordinating working groups and exchange within expert groups and at sector network events
- Designing, planning, monitoring and evaluating sectoral and methodological advice for projects and programmes
- Participating in knowledge management processes
- University-level degree in a medical discipline or a Master’s in public health or health economics
- Professional experience in the health sector in German development cooperation partner countries and knowledge of the relevant tools
- Knowledge of structures and responsibilities in the German health system and in relevant European and international institutions
- Understanding of correlations in international health policy and knowledge of the key stakeholders and approaches in national health reforms in the context of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience of working with networks and/or training organisations as well as experience in measuring results, monitoring and evaluation
- Up-to-date general understanding of digitalisation in the health sector
- Advisory skills and diplomatic finesse
- Fluency in business German and English is essential; knowledge of French would be an advantage
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The willingness for regularly business trips is expected. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This position can generally be filled in part-time 80%.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=43938