Junior Professional or Consultant (m/f/d) in Green Finance for our Financial Systems Development (FSD) Department
Duty Station: Hamburg
Job Code: FSD-DEU19GFA0009/4
Duration: 2-year contract with the option to become permanent
Deadline for application: 10.06.2019
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds.
Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the area of financial systems development, we focus on consultancy services related to banking, small business lending, agricultural & rural finance and green finance. For more information on GFA, please refer to our website www.gfa-group.de .
Our Junior Professional Programme is a 2-year programme designed to enable university graduates with interest and first experience in development cooperation to develop their skills and experience needed to work as professional consultants in this field.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional / Consultant to join our FSD department, who will contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the area of financial systems development with a particular focus on the field of green finance, including not only renewable energy and energy efficiency, but also resource efficiency.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business development and project acquisition, including opportunity identification, fact-finding and the coordination and preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Technical backstopping and project management, including financial and technical administration, monitoring of activity planning and implementation, relationship management with project teams, local stakeholders and donors, and backstopping visits abroad
- Management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions in the project countries, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partners and individual experts
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, finance, energy management or related fields)
- At least 1 year (Junior Professional – internships may possibly be included) / 3 years (Consultants) of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to green finance
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite, working knowledge of German is an asset
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (French, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Russian)
- Familiarity with the German (KfW, GIZ) and European development sector (such as EBRD, EIB and AFD)
- A well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Intercultural competence
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- Additional benefits: family-oriented company policy, flexible working hours, public transport reimbursement programme, fitness club discounts;
- A company-wide sustainability concept.
Curious to get to know GFA?
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms. Romy Rösner
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel: (49) 40 603 06 - 806