Project manager (m/f/d) "Support for host communities and Rohingya displaced persons in Bangladesh
As part of the special initiative of the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) “Tackling the root causes of displacement - reintegrating refugees”, a new project entitled 'Support for host communities and Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh' will start in July 2019. The project aims to contribute to peaceful co-existence and conflict resolution between host communities and displaced Rohingya. This will be realized by strengthening the economic situation of the local population who are severely affected by the influx of refugees, by improving the psychosocial care for refugees and by strengthening the conflict resolution skills of both groups. To achieve its goal, the project will cooperate with various governmental and non-governmental partners, as well as with local authorities at the center of the Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh.Ihre Aufgaben
- Organizational and technical steering of a complex project
- Programme development, strategic planning, control, quality assurance and monitoring of project activities in the field of livelihood strengthening for host communities, psychosocial support for displaced persons and prevention and mitigation of conflicts between host and refugee communities
- Providing technical, organizational and process advice for the partner ministry (Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief, Government of Bangladesh) and implementing partners on district level
- Representing the project, specifically vis-à-vis Government partners, development partners, United Nations and other implementing organizations as well as the German Embassy
- Management of communication and reporting towards BMZ
- Close coordination with GIZ Country Office, Embassy, other technically relevant German Development projects (e.g. Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau, KfW) and other cooperation partners
- Planning, management and monitoring of finances; selection and management of national and international consultants and their professional support
- Leadership and support of an international team
- Degree in Humanitarian Affairs, Peace and Conflict Studies, Refugee & Human Rights issues, (Rural / Least Developed Countries (LDC) / Economic) Development, International Relations, or other relevant fields
- Many years of professional experience in the development sector, including project management experience in crisis and/or conflict settings
- Sound understanding of humanitarian and refugee relief operations, including the interface of Relief and Development (Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development (LRRD) / Nexus)
- Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of income-generating / livelihood strengthening measures for host communities and/or psychosocial support measures for displaced persons
- High advisory competence towards ministries and multi-stakeholder processes; very good knowledge of the management models and instruments of German and international development cooperation
- Experience in leading and managing international teams
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and communication skills; ability to work in a team, social and intercultural competence/sensitivity, organizational skills and flexibility
- Fluent in German and English
Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
Basic medical care is provided in Cox´s Bazar, in Dhaka by several well-equipped hospitals. In case of serious illnesses, treatment in nearby Bangkok, Singapore or Germany is recommended. The climate is tropical hot and humid with a pronounced rainy season. Life in Dhaka and Cox's Bazar can be stressful due to the overcrowding and heavy traffic. The security situation is tense. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff onsite. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many times higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=42666