1st of August 2019
Vacancy closing date:
31st of May 2019
Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Country Representative Colombia
ZOA is starting its operations in Colombia respond to the humanitarian needs of the Venezuelans that have fled their country. For this response ZOA is looking for a Country Representative.
The Country Representative will provide leadership and the integral management of the programmes and activities of ZOA in Colombia within the framework of ZOA’s Disaster Response Operational Plan (DROP) for Colombia.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Legal representative of ZOA in the country;
- Overall management and leadership of the ZOA organisation in the country of operation;
- Formulation and implementation of the DROP;
- Identifies needs and designs projects within the ZOA mandate to serve the most vulnerable and consistent with the Disaster Response Operations Plan for Colombia;
- Final responsibility for project cycle management, including formulation of concept papers and proposals, budgeting, monitoring and reporting;
- Supervises support and program staff and activities in the ZOA office;
- Final responsibility for Human Resource Management for international and local staff;
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation;
- Ensure donor compliance regarding procurement, HR etc.;
- Ensuring legal compliance within the country;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors;
- Knows of funding opportunities in the countries;
- Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at country level, in compliance with ZOA’s over-all security policy and procedures.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University graduate;
- At least five years of cross cultural experience;
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting;
- Good spoken and written Command of Spanish and English.
- Spiritual leadership;
- Vision and strategic thinking;
- Decision making ability;
- Participative leadership;
- Staff development and coaching.
- Command of operations;
- Conceptual and writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organisational sensitivity.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
ZOA offers you a challenging job and good benefits and remuneration, which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is approximately € 2700 - 3300.- net per month (depending on your work experience and education). Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Ms. Heline Bisschop (HR Officer), email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.