1st of August 2019
Vacancy closing date:
31st of May 2019
Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager Colombia
ZOA is starting its operations in Colombia respond to the humanitarian needs of the Venezuelans that have fled their country. For this response ZOA is looking for a Programme Manager.
Your challenge is to develop and lead the emergency programme portfolio providing humanitarian assistance to the Venezuelans refugees in Colombia in La Guajira province.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Be part of the ZOA Colombian leadership team;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities that were approved by donors with the corresponding project budget planning;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Participate in country wide programme and knowledge development;
- Lead the project implementation team;
- Ensure good relations with local community and local leadership;
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements in project implementation;
- Oversee project design and implementation, to achieve project objectives within the agreed time and budget;
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at programme area level;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area;
- Approval of expenditures and related cost allocations, on the basis of approved project and programme organisation budgets;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of the members of the Programme Team.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Graduate level education, preferably masters level;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in institutional project management;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in people management;
- Institutional donor relations;
- Experience with Wash and Cash transfers modalities;
- Emergency project management.
- Project design and proposal writing;
- Data analysis;
- Networking and Relationship building;
- Leadership and management of people of different cultural background.
- Passion to serve the poor;
- Developing others to realise their potential;
- Integrity, honesty, transparency.
- Up to 1/3 of time required for travel;
- Based in a programme area field office (Riohacha).
ZOA offers you a challenging job and good benefits and remuneration, which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is approximately € 2300 - 2600.- net per month (depending on your work experience and education). Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Ms. Heline Bisschop (HR Officer), email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.