Erbil (with regular travel to Mosul) - Iraq
1st of September 2019
Vacancy closing date:
7th of June 2019
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in seventeen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager Iraq
for its urban programme in Mosul
Since 2014, ZOA has been working among the most vulnerable people affected by the different conflicts in Iraq. ZOA can assist people across the entire country, being registered with both the Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) and the Federal Government of Iraq (GoI). ZOA works in hard-to-reach areas targeting internally displaced persons (IDPs), Syrian refugees, non-displaced people, as well as returnees. ZOA was among the first responders during the retaking of Mosul in 2017, providing relief through WASH, shelter, cash, and food security interventions. Seeing the overwhelming psycho-social needs, ZOA opened Safe Spaces for women and children in Mosul soon after, providing structured psychosocial support and informal education. ZOA actively seeks conflict sensitive programming, including people from both majority and minority groups. From July 2017, ZOA Iraq operates through three programmes areas, in Mosul (including Tel Afar), Hamdaniya and Anbar.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
Throughout its recovery and resilience programmes in Iraq, ZOA considers a family-oriented approach. Enabling families flourish in the aftermath of conflict means:
- Creating a protective environment in which children can develop (through psycho-social support and work with the schools/ education system);
- Creating opportunities for income generation for men, women, and youth, through rural and urban livelihoods interventions, and skilling;
- Contributing to social cohesion in communities and neighbourhoods, through peacebuilding projects.
In relief programming, which is still relevant mainly for those who remain displaced, as well as those willing to return or recently returned without safe and dignified houses, ZOA will provide shelter assistance.
The Programme Manager (PGM) is responsible for the development and realisation of project and programmatic goals for the Mosul programme within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions in Iraq.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Overall leadership and integral management responsibility of the ZOA Mosul, programme.
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme area;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility;
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners.
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme area, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at programme area level.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at programme level, in compliance with ZOA’s over-all security policy and procedures.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years relevant field experience in a development country;
- Experience in a conflict context;
- Excellent level of written (and spoken) English;
- Management experience;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management.
- Command of operations;
- Analytical & writing skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid an insecure environment.
- Frequent field visits/work and travels are required;
- Erbil is a family duty station;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post to reflect the Mosul working context.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country, and good benefits and remuneration, which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is between € 2,500 – 3,000 Euro net per month (depending on your work experience and education). All taxes on the mentioned salary are for the cost of ZOA. Benefits include, but are not limited to, pension allowance, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Heline Bisschop, HR Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.