The Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action – KURVE Wustrow was founded in 1980 with the aim of turning concerns about violent conflict, environmental degradation and social injustice into conscious nonviolent action.
KURVE Wustrow conducts trainings, workshops and events in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation at home and abroad. We send young volunteers as part of the “weltwärts”-programme as well as international peace workers as part of the “Civil Peace Service” (CPS) to selected crisis regions. For this purpose, KURVE Wustrow is closely cooperating with partner organisations in the Balkans, in Ukraine, in the Middle East and in South and Southeast Asia. Further focal points of our work include our commitment to climate and resource protection and against nuclear energy.
For our CPS-programme „Supporting sustainable peace by strengthening inclusion and human rights” together with our partner organisation Nagarik Aawaz we are looking for an
International Peace Worker in Kathmandu/Nepal
Our partner organisation Nagarik Aawaz works together with young adults in the districts of
the Kathmandu valley. They aim to strengthen these young people beeing active members of their local communities and enable them to be part of peacebuilding processes and to support social integration as a multiplier. Further on this project contributes to the sensitization of the impacts of discrimination and violence towards psychosocial health and offers psychosocial help for conflict victims. Currently there is a ‚Peace Building Memorial and Learning Center‘ under construction, that will be part of the project work as well in the future.
Field of work:
As an international peace worker, you will be supporting our partner organisation in the fields of knowledge management, civil conflict transformation and peacebuilding together with young adults; documentation and memorial work may be further aspects.
- Planning and implementation of the CPS project together with the local peaceworker of the partner organisation
- Documentation and evaluation of the working approaches and experiences, documentation of lessons learnt
- Development of a knowledge management concept and support the implementation of a monitoring system
- Supporting the network and PR-work in terms of nonviolent conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Preparing and facilitating trainings/workshops on conflict transformation, non-violence, and community mediation for local actors
- Supporting the program development of the partner organisation if requested
- Integrating into Nagarik Awaaz’s team and adjustment to their working conditions
- Ensuring a proper and adequate application of funds as well as regular communication with the country coordinator, other CPS projects in Nepal and KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- Contributing to ongoing conflict and security analysis by the country coordinator and close cooperation with other CPS workers in Nepal
- Where necessary support of public relation, networking and information activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- Relevant university degree (e.g. Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Sciences, (Media) Education/Pedagogy, or other fields relevant for the position)
- Relevant training in nonviolent conflict transformation (e.g. training as civil peace worker, as trainer for conflict transformation, as mediator, …)
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international and conflict context
- Experience in knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation as well as proficiency in development and design of public relations material
- Work experience in Memorialisation and Dealing with the Past and/or
- Work experience in designing and facilitating training as well as working with young people is an asset
- Conceptual thinking and organisational skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Team player with intercultural competences, ability for self-reflection, high flexibility motivation and frustration tolerance
- Willingness to travel to remote areas
- Knowledge of the context and work experience in Nepal or South Asia are an asset
- Professional command of English and the willingness to learn Nepali
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens, incl. EEA plus Switzerland) until 31 December 2021, on the condition of funding by the BMZ beyond 31.12.2020. The contract, including 3 to 4 months preparation period in Germany, would commence on the 16th of September 2019.
Please use our online application (in english language) form with following code „Nepal_FFK_NA“ latest until 10th of June 2019.
The selection day will be held in Wustrow (Wendland, Germany) end of June/ beginning of July (week 26/ 27).
KURVE Wustrow – Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action
Kirchstr. 14, D-29462 Wustrow, www.kurvewustrow.org