Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the Community Mental Health Initiative Director, the job holder will drive the integration of global standards and organisational strategy as defined by the Initiative Plan/Position, into strategic planning and operational direction, including setting and maintaining of quality in programme implementation and advocacy in the region. As a team member of the Core Initiative Team for CMH, the Regional Advisor will further develop CBM’s global work in the discipline, in line with the organisation´s CMH Initiative Plan and Federation Strategy.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Facilitate and grow good quality mental health and psychosocial disability programming in the region
- Provide technical advice and guidance to national advisors and CBM Country Office and Regional Hub staff, and local partners
- Support country planning processes, ensuring synergy with the CMH Strategic Framework / Multi-Year Plan/ Initiative Plan, and support identification of appropriate country level objectives and indicators
- Guide, coach and demonstrate to national and regional advisors, in support of good practice and accountability
- Develop, scale up and document model programmes that are part of the Initiative with good practices to promote replication
- Contribute to identifying advocacy priorities
- Engage with, support and influence alliance partners and relevant networks on global and regional levels as identified in the CMH Initiative in support of the objectives
- Drive capacity building of CBM personnel and partners
- Support the evaluation unit in setting up and commissioning independent programme evaluations
- Initiate and contribute to identifying funding opportunities from institutional and other major donors, in coordination with CBM Member Associations, Country Offices and partners
We are looking for someone who has…
- Background and work experience in mental health, psychiatry, psychology, psychosocial disability, or related field
- Proven experience in development cooperation, including in applying relevant tools and methods (Project Cycle Management, inclusive and participatory approaches etc.)
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ working experience in development sector, ideally based in a low or middle income settings
- Strong understanding of disability-inclusive development
- Significant networking experience, advocacy and influencing with knowledge of key global and continental networks
- Solid understanding of key players and stakeholders in CMH on global and regional levels
- Multidisciplinary and multi-cultural skills
- Know-how in operational research, and interpretation and application of evidence in practice
- Experience in teaching/ training/ coaching would be advantageous
- Professional proficiency in English. French, Spanish and/or regional languages would be advantageous
- Good computer and related tools literacy (MS Office, particularly advanced Excel skills, QualityRights, mhGAP; MHPSS in emergencies solutions)
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Application deadline: May 31, 2019.
This position is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract to be based in Bangkok or in one of CBM´s offices in the region, subject to the international scope of national labour and immigration laws.