Seconded Advisor (m/w/d) for Energy and Climate Modelling
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
In December 2017 contracting parties of the Energy Community established an Energy and Climate Committee of the Energy Community to foster the integration of ambitious climate action with energy policies. The Committee shall serve as a regional platform to foster information exchange and joint actions as well as to establish standards and agree on activities to be implemented by the contracting countries. The regional GIZ program “Capacity Development for Climate Policy in the countries of South East, Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia, Phase III” aims to support contracting parties and the Energy Community Secretariat (ECS) on strategically aligning EU climate and energy policy with those of contracting parties.Your tasks
- Provide technical advice to contracting parties and to the secretariat to elaborate National Energy and Climate Plans (NECP)
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative economic analysis of energy and climate policies and measures proposed by contracting parties
- Support the development and use of energy models for contracting parties to establish reference and policy scenarios to be included in the NECPs
- Provide advice to contracting parties to develop the analytical and technical aspects of NECPs
- Support government services in preparing, assessing, evaluating and submitting revised Nationally Determined Contributions, and other relevant reporting requirements of the United Nations Frame Convention on Climate Change
- Support the secretariat in monitoring the implementation of acquis communautaire in areas such as climate policy, energy efficiency, renewables and environment
- Support to the secretariat’s work in the frame of the Energy and Climate Committee of the Energy Community
- Facilitate institutional knowledge exchange and learning
- University degree (at least Master) in Engineering, Economics, Finance or anyother relevant field
- Several years work experience in applied economic analysis and integrated assessment modelling, related to energy
- Work experience in the context of international cooperation programs
- Excellent understanding of the energy and climate sector and policies
- Excellent quantitative background and experience in the construction and use of energy models
- Excellent technical skills with a demonstrated capability in economic and quantitative analysis, evaluation and reporting
- Work experience in Western Balkan countries, Eastern or Southeastern Europe, Caucasus is an asset
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in German and knowledge of one language of the contracting parties of the Energy Community is a definite asset
As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
This position requires regular business travels especially to contracting parties of the Energy Community and to Germany (GIZ offices).
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=43489