Intern in Development Consulting
The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy GmbH – BiRD - is an independent and privately owned consulting company providing first-class consulting and project management services.
BiRD’s primary fields of activity cover key aspects of democratic governance and institutional strengthening – like rule of law, justice sector reform, electoral assistance, human rights, support to state and non-state actors – in developing and transition countries. Furthermore, we are conducting project and programme evaluations and provide business advisory services. BiRD was founded in 1998 as a limited liability company, conducting its business from its base in Munich.
For our head office in Munich, we are looking for an intern for the time period of 3 - 6 months. We can only hire students that are obliged to do a mandatory internship as part of their studies.
Being part of our small team will give you the opportunity to be involved in various areas of an internationally operating consulting company. This position requires self- responsibility, team spirit and interest in development cooperation.
You can expect a positive, dynamic and relaxed working atmosphere in our office in Haidhausen, Munich.
Type of position: fulltime (working hours flexible) Duration: 3-6 months
Beginning: as soon as possible
Salary: 450 EUR (per month, Minijob: both gross and net)
- University enrollment, mandatory internship (ideally in social sciences, economics or law)
- Interest in international development cooperation
- Very good communication skills in English (written and orally); French skills are a plus but not a must
- Support the preparation of worldwide project bids in our fields of work for various donors (EU, GIZ, etc.)
- Assist in the recruitment of experts (search, communication, networking) for short-and longterm projects, among others, for EU framework contracts, evaluations and ongoing short- and longterm projects
- Assist in the implementation of projects
- Database management and assisting with general administrative tasks
- Other tasks relevant for our daily business, e.g. research, proof-reading, short translations, etc.
Please send your applications including a short cover letter (in English) and your CV to Dunja.Speiser@birdmunich.de
We look forward to your emails.