CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Main objective of the role:
In response to CBM´s Federation Strategy and Operating Model, the job holder contributes towards overall strategic planning to identify and capitalize on opportunities in order to promote inclusion of persons with disabilities in the humanitarian response. She/he will strengthen the capacity of CBM´s Partner Inclusion Officers and other staff members, by providing technical support on mainstreaming disability in humanitarian action, while representing CBM and moving the inclusion agenda forward.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with like-minded organizations and mainstream humanitarian actors to develop partnerships that promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities in humanitarian responses
- Contribute to the development of proposals and response plans to respond to opportunities to mainstream disability inclusion in humanitarian programming
- Facilitate the integration of an age and disability analysis, and programming of the humanitarian community including funding mechanisms, sectoral reviews and evaluations and Joint Response Plans
- Design a detailed action plan for implementation of advocacy and technical advisory strategy with mainstream humanitarian actors
- Develop a capacity development plan for partner’s Inclusion Officers and other key staff to build capacity on disability mainstreaming activities
- Coach partner’s Inclusion Officers and other staff to carry out advocacy and technical support in various humanitarian sectoral activities
- Link with any national, regional or local initiatives to support DPO leaders
- Co-chair the Age and Disability Task Force (ADTF) and jointly participate with CDD’s Inclusion Office in other cluster coordination meetings
- Be available to support humanitarian responses in other contexts as required
We are looking for someone who has…
- First degree in Occupational Therapy, Human Rights, Sociology, International Development, humanitarian assistance or other relevant area
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in humanitarian/ development context and preferably in an advocacy and/or technical support position
- Significant working experience in inclusion with groups at risk ideally in humanitarian context– persons with disabilities, women, children, and the eldery
- Deep knowledge and understanding on the rights of persons with disabilities and challenges in the humanitarian and development context
- Good understanding of humanitarian architecture, disability inclusion standards, guidelines and the Universal Design principles
- Proven experience working with local organizations and other international stakeholders
- Skills in capacity development and staff mentoring
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Good Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Professional proficiency in English
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would like to invite you to visit our Job Portal in order for your to submit your CV & Covel Letter in English:
Application deadline: May 10, 2019.
This is a 1 Year Fixed Term with an extension option to be based in Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh, subject to the international scope of national labour and immigration laws.