The German Red Cross is part of a world-wide community assisting victims of conflict and disaster and people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the movement.
The German Red Cross (GRC) together with its partner the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and in close coordination with other Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement partners supports the “Population Movement Operation” in Cox`s Bazar in Bangladesh, an umbrella programme of initiatives to assist the displaced people from Rakhine state (Myanmar) as well as the local communities in Cox`s Bazar hosting them. The GRC is currently consolidating its emergency relief programme, which started in 2017, and is exploring longer term community based services which include the following components: shelter, wash, health, disaster risk management and
capacity building elements.
The GRC is seeking for an experienced Programme Coordinator to guide the general development of the programme, to lead the project office in Cox’s Bazar, the coordination and the supervision of all GRC services in Cox’s Bazar, under the supervision of the GRC Senior Representative in Dhaka.
Duration: starting latest on 15th June 2019 for an initial period of 12 months with the possibility for extension
Location: GRC Field Office Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Lead the development of a comprehensive response strategy for the GRC’s support to the population movement operation
• Ensure the implementation of GRC’s current and future activities according to approved plans and budgets
• Manage the GRC Field Office in Cox’s Bazar following GRC guidelines and procedures
• Support and supervise all international and local staff working in Cox’s Bazar
• Represent the GRC at Cox’s Bazar level externally and internally
• Act as focal point for the media/press and produce media and social media products
• Ensure a transparent financial management and oversee procurements following GRC’s and back donor’s guidelines
• Ensure consistent communication, coordination and reporting to the GRC Country Office and the GRC Headquarters
• Explore possibilities for cooperation, funding, resource sharing and exchange of technical advice within the RC/RC Movement and with external partners in Cox’s Bazar
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a management position, including confirmed experience in leading and managing staff, teams and substantial budgets
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of relief, recovery and/or disaster risk reduction programmes (preferably in Asia)
• University degree in a relevant field
• Working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement
• Strong project management skills, particularly in PCM and participatory methods
• Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E, incl. reporting
• Profound experience with the acquisition and implementation of donor funded projects (e.g. ECHO, Federal Foreign Office (AA), The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ))
• Sound financial management, controlling and monitoring skills
• Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles with willingness to adhere to them
• Oral and written fluency in English, German will be an asset
• Sound experience in working with the media/press and social media
• Readiness to work in remote areas and to go on assignment without partner
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
• Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
• Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission. The accommodation in Cox’z Bazarwill be covered by the GRC. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.drk.de) until 26th April 2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019 – 033 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Team Justitiariat und Personal
- SG Personal -