Advisor (m/f/d) for the Programme Basic and Secondary Education in Afghanistan (based in Dubai, VAE)
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The objective of the programme ‘Promotion of Basic and Secondary Education in Afghanistan’ is to strengthen the formal teacher education system in delivering quality pre- and in-service teacher training. It is implemented in the Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), the provincial and district education departments of the provinces Samangan, Badakshan, Balkh and Herat. It covers the following areas of intervention: 1. Staff development and qualification measures for TTC lecturers implementing the newly designed diploma for primary school teachers 2. Qualification of TTC lecturers in applying and teaching learner-centred teaching 3. Strengthening school supervision by building capacity of TTC and supervisory to support schools in implementing learner-centred teaching methodology 4. Anchoring the gender and human rights course within the teacher pre- and in-service training programmes of participating involved TTCs and continued capacity building for lecturers.Your tasks
- Plan, implement and monitor area of intervention ‘Qualification of lecturers at teacher training colleges (TTCs) in subject-specific techniques and learner-centred teaching methods’
- Manage the consulting team involved in the training roll out
- Supervise the development of training plans at TTC level and develop tools to monitor learning outcomes
- Liaise with and advise the Ministry of Higher Education in the set-up of a pre-service secondary level teaching study course with a systemic and content focus
- Liaise and create synergies with other donors and implementing agencies or NGOs working in teacher education
- Supervise thematically national personnel working for area of intervention ‘Qualification of TTC lecturers’
- University degree in education, social science or related subject
- Working experience both as teacher and in development cooperation
- Experience in teacher education and curriculum development is an asset
- Previous working experience in fragile countries, ideally in Afghanistan and neighboring or Islamic countries
- Ability to work plan and result oriented
- High intercultural skills is a must, preferably in Islamic countries
- Fluency in English is mandatory, good knowledge of German, Dari/Farsi or Pashtu is a plus
- The willingness for regular business trips, also to Afghanistan
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The UAE is often identified with the Emirate of Dubai, known for its spectacular gigantic buildings, but the country consists of a total of seven Emirates that have joined together to form the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is located in the east of the Arabian Peninsula. Their total area corresponds to about a quarter of that of Germany. There are no problems with all-round supply in the UAE. The leisure area is very versatile, also for families with children. Medical care in the UAE largely corresponds to (Western) European standards. The UAE is one of the safest travel destinations in the world. Dubai has a hot desert climate.
Information about the project can be found here: improving school education
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=43039