GFA Consulting Group, established in 1982, is one of the leading German consulting companies in international development cooperation. GFA Medica is the Health Department of GFA. Our core business is the provision of consulting services as well as managing projects in developing and transition countries to support their health sector reforms financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our head office has a vacancy for a
Expert in Public Health, full-time position in Hamburg with travels to Africa and Asia.
You will provide technical and administrative support to our project acquisition and implementation and be based in the beautiful city of Hamburg in the North of Germany.
Your tasks will include:
- Managing the acquisition process of health projects including the preparation of technical and financial proposals as well as conducting fact finding missions mostly in Africa and Asia;
- Managing GFA projects including technical support, monitoring, reporting, financial administration and project on-site visits;
- Conducting short-term consultancy missions including feasibility studies;
- Establishing and maintaining networks and professional relationships with experts, partners and clients;
- Contributing to GFA knowledge and quality management systems, including developing concepts, writing publications and giving presentations.
- A position in our multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary dynamic team driven by high quality standards and enthusiasm for our work;
- The opportunity to build or broaden your skills in acquisition and project management;
- The possibility to engage in short-term consultancy and backstopping missions in broad and diverse country settings;
- Collaboration with several major funding agencies in the health sector;
- A full-time position with the option to become permanent
- Strong interest and proven experience in the health sector;
- A university degree in a relevant field, e.g. Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Economics, and/or a professional health related qualification;
- Ideally a postgraduate degree in public health, global health, health economics or similar;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in health sector development cooperation;
- Experience in consulting and/or advisory services is an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement and tendering procedures of funding agencies in the health sector is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical reports or project proposals is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team with professionals in a multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid working permit for Germany;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, demanding in terms of own work standards, social competence and stress resistance.
You can find more information about GFA at: http://www.gfa-group.de
Please note: suitable candidates may be interviewed before application deadline.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to Ms Alvean Fentener, at Fentener@gfa-group.de referring to job code MED-DEU19GFA0037/1 . Application deadline April 26, 2019.
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
22359 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49- 40 - 603 06 123