Development Worker (m/f/d) in the field of Energy for the Consumer Association of Bangladesh
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The project “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme-II” (REEEP-II) is jointly implemented with the Sustainable and Renewable Energy Development Authority (SREDA) in Bangladesh. One of the components of REEEP II is to sensitize and mobilize society on efficient energy use and energy responsive behavior in an impact oriented, target group specific and gender-differentiated way. To reach the center of society, cooperation between civil society, the private sector and other governmental organizations plays a central role. The Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established with a mission to make people aware of their rights and responsibilities as consumers and motivate them to be active and vocal against violation of those rights. It is envisioned that CAB will play an instrumental role in generating consumer awareness on energy efficiency and conservation at national level and will influence society towards responsible consumption of energy. However, organizational capacity of CAB is still weak to play such a role.Your tasks
- Strengthen the institutional capacity of CAB through organizational development support, process improvement, workflow optimization
- Provide advisory support to CAB in communication, partnership building, and relationship management with key actors in the energy sector such as government stakeholders, private sector, development partners, media and educational institutions
- Enable CAB in exchange of other civil society actors including relevant international actors
- Guide CAB to make useful input in national energy efficiency awareness strategy and implementation plan in collaboration with SREDA
- Support CAB in mobilization of other partners to participate and roll out the energy efficiency campaign towards the awareness of responsible energy consumption
- Support CAB in monitoring effectiveness of energy efficiency awareness campaign, outreach result of survey and feed in result to improve campaign strategy and effectiveness in collaboration with SREDA
- Minimum Bachelor degree in the relevant discipline of energy, economics, international development, environment or public policy
- Many years of work experience in the fields of energy, data analysis, drafting of analytical reports is expected; prior work experience in developing countries is an asset
- Work experience with civil society/NGOs in the fields of consumer protection or awareness raising is required
- Specialization and/or experience in the fields of energy efficiency and/or renewable energy is an advantage
- Advisory skills and knowledge of capacity development tools and organizational development norms; experience in project planning and Monitoring and Evaluation is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, and ability to work with a multicultural team in a complex work environment
- Demonstrable experience in building effective partnerships
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English; written or spoken ability in Bengali language is an additional advantage
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
- Place of residence: Dhaka
- Climate: Tropical hot and humid with a pronounced rainy season (monsoon), average temperatures around 30 °C; in Dhaka temperature varies from 12-38 °C round the year
- Healthcare: Basic medical care is provided by several well-equipped hospitals in Dhaka; in case of serious illnesses, treatment in nearby Bangkok, Singapore or Germany is recommended
- School situation and school fees: Dhaka has several international schools with transport facility. UK, Australia, Canadian or Indian curriculums are most common
- Shopping facilities: Open markets, small and medium-sized shops, supermarkets and shopping malls offer products from home and abroad
- Social activities: Dhaka has a Diplomatic zone where the majority of foreigners live. Within the Diplomatic zone are several international (diplomatic) clubs that are tailored to the needs of international visitors. The clubs offer meals and refreshments, sporting activities and social gatherings.
- Security: The security situation is tense. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- Other: At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many times higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Dhaka is a vibrant city with regular cultural and social events taking place throughout the year although life can be stressful due to the overcrowding and heavy traffic. - Good internet is available, mobile network is available throughout the country
Occasional field travel is necessary.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=42454