Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Our Department for Rural Development and Environment has longstanding experience in the field of natural resources management. African countries and SIDS are currently the main focus for activities in these areas.
GOPA mbH is looking for a
(Junior) Project Manager in the field of natural resources management
to start in October 2019 at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
Are you looking for work in an international environment and would like to expand and further develop, together with the Group of companies? Then you are right with us!
As (Junior) Project Manager, you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects in the field of rural development. Besides work at our headquarters, you will also travel abroad for fact-finding and backstopping missions, as well as for short-term expert assignments.
You are responsible for acquiring, planning and implementing projects and for guidance and supervision of project teams on site:
- Identify project strategies and define tasks and responsibilities of the project acquisition team
- Develop technical and financial proposals for new projects
- Act as interface between the project team on site and the client
- Undertake short- term missions as backstopper
- Assure proper technical and financial closure of projects
- Use your analytical skills and experience to assess, plan and implement activities and actions
- Use your communication skills to interact with multi-national teams and clients
- Prioritise actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines
You have advanced qualifications in natural resources management. You have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in areas including:
- International development cooperation with national and international donor agencies, especially with the EU. Experience with GIZ or KfW would be an asset
- Practical professional experience in the field of natural resources management
- In-depth knowledge of international issues and trends in natural resources management
- Experience in or with a consulting company, especially the acquisition and implementation of projects, would be an advantage
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in building and sustaining partnerships with donors, beneficiaries and other counterparts
- An excellent command of English and French, spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of German would be an advantage. We expect your willingness to learn German
- Work experience abroad, ideally in target countries for development cooperation
- Colleagues, passionate about their work, who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of fun and humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- Short, direct communication and decision paths, and our belief in an “open door” policy across all levels
- An international working environment in a – by no means ordinary – professional branch
- The means to further your professional development with us and, in future, to responsibly develop and supervise special topic areas or tasks
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own cantine
- Exciting projects await you, which you can actively shape through your expert knowledge
- An affinity for numbers and financial project management
- Ability to take the initiative
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams on diverse and complex tasks
- Strong client orientation
- A drive for results while working with limited supervision and under tight timelines
- An ability to think innovatively and negotiate effectively
- Willingness to travel
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
- Personnel -
61348 Bad Homburg