Junior-Advisor (m/f/d) for biodiversity and institutional strenghtening in the Philipinnes
Entry-level employees - TemporaryJob description
The Institutional strengthening of the biodiversity sector in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) project (ISB) as cooperated with The ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB) since 2010. The support has resulted in ACB better fulfilling its mandate to promote regional cooperation and to provide ASEAN member states with capacity-building measures to conserve biodiversity. ISB II supports ACB in the implementation of its newly developed corporate strategy and the fulfilment of its regional mandate through consulting, competence development, start-up financing and start-up financing. Procoast aims to make coastal protection sustainable in the regions particularly threatened by typhoons and also to conserve their unique biodiversity. By establishing centres of excellence that identify best practices in the sustainable management of 1) mangroves, 2) coral reefs and/or 3) land use planning. Support is provided for this process in the form of targeted policy advice and capacity building, and measures to enhance knowledge management and raise awareness. The junior advisor will work both for ISB II as for Procoast.Your tasks
- Advisory services in the field of biodiversity, protected area management and organizational development Steering consultants
- Support the project director in the communication and reporting to BMZ, the embassy and the GIZ center (specialist network work, statements, reporting etc.)
- Contribution and support to information management, monitoring and evaluation of project impacts
- Contribution and development of presentations and publications
- Contribution to the projects implementation
- Support to cross cutting issues related to the projects (event management etc.)
- Master’s degree in coastal area management, fisheries, or any related environmental management (or its equivalent)
- Recognized expertise in the technical field (Protected Area Management, CBD convention, Mangroves)
- First experience of professional working in the field of coastal or environmental management (preferably national scope and/or internationally funded projects)
- Demonstrated organization and project management skills – able to work independently
- Ability to communicate and to relate with people of diverse cultures and at all levels of a hierarchical organization and constructively cooperate with colleagues
- Result- and performance-oriented
- Mastery language skills in German and English (C2)
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Los Baños is located in the province of Laguna, 63 kilometers southeast of Manila and known for its hot springs. Los Baños is home to the University of the Philippines. Tropical climate, basic medical care given, very good medical care in Manila. Good supply and shopping facilities for local products and food. The fine dust pollution at the place of use exceeds the limit value permitted in Europe many times over. During the selection procedure and during the recruitment investigation, you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioural measures.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=42408